• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NFL Guy

Brandon

I've never been to an NFL game. I don't think I'd go unless I had great seats

Football is probably the only sport that is more entertaining watching it on TV rather than being at the game. When guys run for 5 yards on TV, it's exciting. When they run for 5 yards in person, it seems like they went no where. Deep plays can be fun to see in person but they don't happen a lot and the typical 6-7 yard passes and run plays don't mage for a very exciting live show.

I think most people just go for the atmosphere.

Football guy is the worst. Not even live, but even at a bar or out in public.

The NFL has the most tension and situations between random strangers than any other sport. Not to mention that 49ers incident recently where fans of the same team went to blows in the restroom.

great seats at a football game are insanely expensive. unless you're connected, stay home.

and as was mentioned, short plays, and there are a TON of short plays, are horribly boring in person. stay home and watch on tv - it's way more interesting and entertaining.

took my wife to her first and only football game. bears beat the raiders 6-3. boring isn't a big enough word to describe it. we sat in the end zone and aside from constant concerns about our safety, it was the worst thing we've ever done together.

It's relative. When I go to Chiefs games they don't have gangbangers or rival teams within the same area or state.

You may get drunk guy like above and while tailgating there is it's own event, it's treated like a mini thanksgiving opposed to here where tailgating means getting as shit faced as possible before paying for $10 beers.

It could simply be it's not the melting pot in KC with a ton of transplants that like various teams so there is more of a mix in our stadiums, thus more conflict. It could be area as well. The NFL already breeds some kind of obnoxious meat head tough guy thing we run into at Super Bowl parties or sports bars, but you don't get it a lot out there....although they have a focus on quality of life opposed to this tension we put on our sports teams out here. It's more important to put someone down and have their team win than simply having a good time.

Couple hundred bucks just on seats to get annoyed.

Honestly, TV coverage is so good now I rarely think I would rather be sitting in an uncomfortable seat in a loud place filled with obnoxious drunks than sitting on my couch.

Hockey is the one sport I think is more fun in person.

Honestly, TV coverage is so good now I rarely think I would rather be sitting in an uncomfortable seat in a loud place filled with obnoxious drunks than sitting on my couch.

High definition TV has definitely made going to the game a lot less appealing.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 3 weeks later...

Football is probably the only sport that is more entertaining watching it on TV rather than being at the game. When guys run for 5 yards on TV, it's exciting. When they run for 5 yards in person, it seems like they went no where. Deep plays can be fun to see in person but they don't happen a lot and the typical 6-7 yard passes and run plays don't mage for a very exciting live show.

I think most people just go for the atmosphere.

Agree with that pertaining to the NFL, but college football games are completely different and a lot more fun in my biased opinion.

The female version. Check out this white trash:

http://deadspin.com/notorious-finebaum-caller-tammy-joins-iron-bowl-simulca-1664726890?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

These are the people in the bar that watch the game and do the referee hand signals when they see something that should be called.

Best seats I've ever had for an NFL game were in Texas Stadium, the Cowboys' former home. Over each of the tunnels they had two rows of four seats each. Sit in the front row and there is no one to stand up in front of you, and people aren't always climbing over you to go to the rest rooms/concession stands, etc.

The female version. Check out this white trash:

http://deadspin.com/notorious-finebaum-caller-tammy-joins-iron-bowl-simulca-1664726890?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

These are the people in the bar that watch the game and do the referee hand signals when they see something that should be called.

The look on all the guys face is hilarious.

Football is life down there. Literally

Edited by nando714