• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

5 moves Angels can make to reach 2015 playoffs

70runner

That's what makes the Vargas non-qualifier so infuriating.  14 million, nobody else bites and you get him for another year or sign him for 3 years.  Worst case you get a draft pick.  Bad move by the GM.

Vargas at 31 > Kuroda at 39 -4 million

Had we locked in Vargas on a multi-year deal (after holding more leverage with a QO lowering his market value to other teams) we would have avoided the bullpen starts at the end of last year and we wouldn't be desperately short of starting pitching this year. 

That's what makes the Vargas non-qualifier so infuriating.  14 million, nobody else bites and you get him for another year or sign him for 3 years.  Worst case you get a draft pick.  Bad move by the GM.

Agreed that may have been the only blunder for preparation of the 2014 season.  I know a lot of people would add Ibanez, but he was a low cost gamble.  Vargas should have been given a qualifying offer.

I disagree, Kuroda is a much better pitcher than vargas

I think it came down to not wanting to pay Vargas $14 million for a season if a longer deal couldn't be reached. He certainly isn't worth $14 million a year. Besides it's not like having him would have helped any in the playoffs, considering hitting was the issue.

I think it came down to not wanting to pay Vargas $14 million for a season if a longer deal couldn't be reached. He certainly isn't worth $14 million a year. Besides it's not like having him would have helped any in the playoffs, considering hitting was the issue.

Who'da thunk it would be hitting instead of starting pitching that stunk up the playoffs. 

Good point