• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israeli's praise of life in Germany sets off fury on Facebook

and Texas I see.

I don't hate Jews. I just think Israelis should be more concerned about what their own government is doing to their neighbors. 

And I'm aware that Germany is a sensitive subject for some Holocaust survivors, but are you suggesting that no one should write an article praising the country? 

That isn't even close to what you posted. 

and no, I don't.  In fact I said I can see both sides.  I can see how it could be super sensitive for the older generations and not so much for the younger ones.  However, the difference between a German writing an article about how great Germany is and an Israeli writing about it and actually telling other Israelis to go there is a little different, don't you think?

I don't hate Jews. I just think Israelis should be more concerned about what their own government is doing to their neighbors. 

And I'm aware that Germany is a sensitive subject for some Holocaust survivors, but are you suggesting that no one should write an article praising the country? 

You must hate all Israelis if you think we should wipe an entire country off the map. 

Why are you such a hater?

I may see this from one side, but I've never seen what Israel has done in the Middle East as so terrible. Look at what almost any other country would do if put in the same situation (especially us) and there actions seem rather restrained to me.

There are some people that will never understand that being under siege and in constant fear is a reason for action.

I may see this from one side, but I've never seen what Israel has done in the Middle East as so terrible. Look at what almost any other country would do if put in the same situation (especially us) and there actions seem rather restrained to me.

We've talked about this in another thread. They're far from being the most victimized in a number of their conflicts. They built a civilization on top of another one in what was then Palestine. And their invasion and occupation in Lebanon for nearly two decades was an injustice.

Yeah, Israel's sophisticated military has been under siege by a fringe group. 

Think of it this way. Imagine you owned a gun, a house and had a family, and lived next door to someone who would kill you and your family if he could. But this neighbor feels like he doesn't have the ability to, so he acquires a few boxes of M80's. Then, whenever he thought he could get away with it, he'd light and throw them over the fence at your family.

You're telling me you wouldn't use the gun if little action would be taken against you?

We've talked about this in another thread. They're far from being the most victimized in a number of their conflicts. They built a civilization on top of another one in what was then Palestine. And their invasion and occupation in Lebanon for nearly two decades was an injustice.

I'm not arguing on their behalf, nor supporting all their actions. I'm just making a comparison of what they've dealt with and their ability to do something about it, with what most other countries have shown in the past they would do. I think they've been more restrained than most governments would be.

Well, actually I guess I am arguing on their behalf a little. But, my point was more the comparison.

Edited by deepdrive

I'm not arguing on their behalf, nor supporting all their actions. I'm just making a comparison of what they've dealt with and their ability to do something about it, with what most other countries have shown in the past they would do. I think they've been more restrained than most governments would be.

Well, actually I guess I am arguing on their behalf a little. But, my point was more the comparison.

I don't think they show much restraint. They do what they feel is necessary to protect themselves. They give out a lot more punishment than they receive. Sometimes it's justified, other times its not.