• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Amazon has a streaming stick now.

RallyMo

AppleTV is fine...it does what it is supposed to do and it does it well. To me the biggest issue with the Apple TV has always been the remote. This day and age they should be adding voice control, or at least have an efficient input. That and you can't really move it around unless you are connecting/reconnecting wires. Tying in to the Apple Cloud music service and Air Play was it's biggest drawing card. As much as the iCloud music sucks (turn it on on your phone and it sucks up every all free space)...it's nice to be able to play music on the good stereo system.

I have a feeling we will end up using the Amazon device a lot more. Amazon Prime music is much better than iCloud music and we've been moving all of our purchased music to the Amazon cloud service. It would be nice if it had HBO GO and if you could download shows to the device.

AppleTV is fine...it does what it is supposed to do and it does it well. To me the biggest issue with the Apple TV has always been the remote. This day and age they should be adding voice control, or at least have an efficient input. That and you can't really move it around unless you are connecting/reconnecting wires. Tying in to the Apple Cloud music service and Air Play was it's biggest drawing card. As much as the iCloud music sucks (turn it on on your phone and it sucks up every all free space)...it's nice to be able to play music on the good stereo system.

I have a feeling we will end up using the Amazon device a lot more. Amazon Prime music is much better than iCloud music and we've been moving all of our purchased music to the Amazon cloud service. It would be nice if it had HBO GO and if you could download shows to the device.

The FireTV itself is slated to get HBO Go by year's end, so I imagine that the FireTV stick will get it as well. The stick won't have voice built into the remote, but the control app for phones will. Also, Netflix will be integrated into the voice search, which will allow Netflix shows to be part of the unified search and make it so you won't necessarily have to launch the Netflix app itself.

The FireTV itself is slated to get HBO Go by year's end, so I imagine that the FireTV stick will get it as well. The stick won't have voice built into the remote, but the control app for phones will. Also, Netflix will be integrated into the voice search, which will allow Netflix shows to be part of the unified search and make it so you won't necessarily have to launch the Netflix app itself.

I didn't catch the phone remote part in the spec sheet...that's cool...especially the Netflix integration. Quite annoying having to figure out...Netflix, Amazon Prime...where can I find the show I want to watch.

I didn't catch the phone remote part in the spec sheet...that's cool...especially the Netflix integration. Quite annoying having to figure out...Netflix, Amazon Prime...where can I find the show I want to watch.

I would hope they also fold HBO Go into the unified search. Hulu Plus and Showtime are already part of it.

We stream everything and our plan with ATT has HBO and Showtime, so we stream those.

Edited by RallyMo

I have a feeling we will end up using the Amazon device a lot more. Amazon Prime music is much better than iCloud music and we've been moving all of our purchased music to the Amazon cloud service. It would be nice if it had HBO GO and if you could download shows to the device.

For "music on the good stereo" you should also look into Sonos.

Get a Connect for your stereo and send music from all sources to it.

• 1 month later...

We bought the Amazon stick, as a Prime member it was available pre-order for $20. It will be nice for the tv in the trailer and our bedroom. One thing I wished it had was storage so you could rent/download movies and take them with you to use offline (like when you take the trailer out to the middle of nowhere).

So far it's been nice, we don't use it much and I don't expect us to except when on vacation.

Nope...it's basically another mechanism to provide you access to prime/netflix, etc. If you had a tv that wasn't near a network connection, then it could be useful.

By the by...the chromecast backdrop feature actually streams some of my photos...

http://chrome.blogspot.com/2014/10/turn-your-tv-screen-into-beautiful.html

I would suggest watching 24x7 until you see them