• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Quite the crowd at the Marlins' home opener

jshep

"The colors come from the palette of the great Spanish artist Miro -- the four bright colors [red, blue and yellow, plus the grass green of the field]. It sets the tone for 'I'll meet you in the red zone.' You have a way of knowing where you are in the ballpark. Plus, color is what Miami is about. We needed to see something that goes with the spirit of the community."

-Jeffrey Loria

Over the next 40 years, that tribute to Joan Miro will cost Miami taxpayers 2 billion dollars. Jeffrey Loria deserves to spend eternity surrounded by nothing but finger paintings, crayons, and nothing but "Cathy" comic strips to read.

I think we went over this once before. The places that would be in the best position to support an MLB franchise are Portland, San Antonio and one of the Carolinas. Off the top of my head I can't remember all the ones we listed. I think it was a thread on the older forum. Still, I'd love to see a professional team in Portland, would become an immediate rival with Mariners. The Carolinas are also intriguing, see how much they support college ball and minor league ball.

I'd pick the Carolina's over Portland......for some reason, I just don't think baseball above the AAA level would do very well in Portland......not really a baseball town.

In Charlotte, I think it would go real well.

I think San Antonio is a great city, but as Josh Hamilton says, Texas is a football state.