• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gold Glove finalists announced

Stradling

well goodness, i'm really confused by the gold glove folks. first it was a defensive award. then it became more of a defensive acknowledgement after having a really good offensive year. now, i don't have any idea what it is.

Are people serious about Donaldson? Looking at his errors is a terrible way of judging his performance. 

He makes more errors because he gets to a crap ton of baseballs. Most plays made by a 3B(278, next best was 255), most defensive runs saved(20) and 2nd highest UZR(15.5). 

I thought we were past the days where we look at fielding percentage as the only barometer for defense. 

Kiermaier started 42 LESS games than Reddick and he gets nominated?

Cabrera? Pujols? Why not just give the award to Hosmer right now?

Donaldson has 122 more assists in 10 more games than Beltre? Is that why his Dwar is so high? I'm really just asking.

Anyways, I'd give it to Seager.

I feel like they did a pretty decent job with these nominees with a few exceptions.  

Miguel Cabrera is a horrible defender.  

Aybar should have been included.  

Eaton isn't very good and Jones is good enough to be included.  Trout wasn't among the top three CF defenders in the AL this season.  I think he was better than his metrics indicated, but not top 3.  

I feel like they did a good job of including guys that weren't just offensive minded players. 

I didn't see enough of any other RF t say whether Calhoun is top 3 but he was plenty good out there. Albert had a great year in scooping bad throws, fielding balls hit down the line, and turning DPs. I think it would be tough to argue that any other 1B was clearly better. I just have a feeling the voters will get swept up in the Royals' defense narrative and vote for Hosmer without even considering Albert.