• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Sports Grill - CLOSED

Stopped going to that place when they were hosting Kings watch parties during the Freeway Face Off and openly inviting Kings fans to come grab rally towels and watch the game. 

Hell I did a Kings watch there in 2001.

Having never gone in there, I can't vouch for the food or service... but I like Jay's point... other than Angels games, it doesn't look like its close to anything.

For the record, I was at Legends on Second Street in Belmont on Sat.  Place looks better than ever and I've been going there 25 years.

Haven't been there in ages, but frequented it back in the 1980s when former Rams OL Dennis Harrah co-owned it.

I do miss the North Woods Inn that was on 2nd St. for years, but closed several years back.

Good steaks, salads, cheese bread, and great nude portraits. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Back in the day we used to spend time at Yankee Doodle's in LB where you could play foosball and have beer and pizza.  Closed now I guess.

It is closed.

I had gone to Yankee Doodles back in the day.   Then, about three years ago, my son had a swim meet at belmont pool, we had some free time, and I suggested to my wife we go to Yankee Doodles.  We walked in, and it was kind of a bar, but they were playing synth music, and all the tvs had beach scenes and such.  No sports on the tvs.

Its now closed, or something entirely different.

"Dexter" killed someone in the alley next to Yankee Doodles.

Fritz's was hilarious. A lot of us here and in general would roll there after Throwbacks because Throwbacks didn't have a full liquor license, so they had to close early. The things you see from drunk chicks in a strip club for the first time. I remember one tim some stripper was hitting on me and wanted to exchange number and hangout that upcoming weekend. This chick had suicide scars on her wrists and she decided to give the table her back story on them. Just wild.

But yeah, shit was like:

kmJbso.gif

Funny that several Ducks fans have commented here and elsewhere about not going there because of the Kings promo giveaways.  The shitty service (and I'm not a service stickler), poor atmosphere, mediocre (probably generous) food,  and weak beer selection....  didn't stop you from going, but a few car flags did?  I'm a Kings fan, went to a couple of the games in Anaheim, and had no desire to stop by this place.   

Edited by ScottT

I remember Yankee Doodles and Legends being sponsors for LB State football and basketball radiocasts back in the 1980s.

And on top of everything else, Belmont Pool is being demolished although a new pool facility is supposed to be built in its' place.

And yes this next one is about one of my LB friends.

He actually swam in the U.S. Olympic trials (butterfly his specialty) in 1968 at Belmont just after it was opened.

Having never gone in there, I can't vouch for the food or service... but I like Jay's point... other than Angels games, it doesn't look like its close to anything.

For the record, I was at Legends on Second Street in Belmont on Sat.  Place looks better than ever and I've been going there 25 years.

I've never been inside but I've been intrigued by Legends for years.  It looks like the kind of place you'd bump into Magnum P.I., TC and Rick.  From the outside, it looks like a good '70s/'80s era hangout with chili cook-offs Hawaiian Tropic girl contests.  Maybe an annual iron man competition too.

Yeah, with Dennis Harrah as co owner in the 1990s, it certainly had a Magnum vibe.

It had a big fire a few years ago, and it came back pretty updated.  Very airy, and the ceilings are high beam wood - looks pretty good.  Instead of a more NFL-centric memorabilia look in the 1990s, the memorabilia is now 50-50 pro sports/Long Beach State sports. (AO boner alert)

I am not going to my grave saying its the best in the world.  But it looks and feels good.  Not cheezy like the pics of OC Grill.