• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

John Kruk thinks Mike Trout will bat second...

According to the research cited in the book your best hitter should bat second, to maximize at bats and RBI opportunities. Read earlier articles I wrote about 2-hole on AngelsWin blog in January for more information.

If that's true, then Trout should bat 2nd. 

We need to clone Trout 8 more times to have the perfect team.

Yes, Trout will pitch and catch too

I like Bourjos in the ninth spot -- gives you an extra 'lead off' guy later in the game.

I like Trout in the lead-off spot. He's going to hit. Used to be that you put your best hitter up first to get the most ABs. That's Trout.

If Pujols can't run well (and he can't apparently), either keep him where he's at or move him down to 6th or something and give him every fourth day off until his foot gets better,

This team is going to hit.

What's the situation with Weaver?  I am more concerned about the rotation than our hitters.

The pen has pitched pretty well -- perhaps not Downs and now the late arriving Lowe, but overall they've done well. Jerome Williams pitched two effective innings Sunday (after the game was pretty much over).

This. Aybar's OBP isn't great so the benefit of Trout having potenitally one more RBI opportunity (Aybar on base) in the first inning is less than the advantage of Trout getting more plate appearances himself.

How many more plate appearances a year?  How often does the ninth position in the lineup make the last out of the game?

Bumping up the thread since this is where the discussion began.

Hasn't materialized over the last two nights but Scioscia's eager to get Aybar back and put him at 1 in the lineup.

Callaspo the first night and Bourjos for second didn't work, nor probably will it. The WBC interfered where Sciosh would have seen more of Aybar at the 1 and Trout at 2 during Spring. And unfortunately, Aybar day-to-day now has delayed him from getting the jump. But Personally, I think the lineup will anchor from that point of return.

Remember, the 1984 Tigers with the free-swinging Lou Whitaker atop that lineup, it can be done here.