• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama Administration Prepares Amnesty ID Cards for Up to 34 Million Illegals

Yeah, this will really help the "working together" thing.  I'm never a fan of arbitrary moves.  This isn't a monarchy.  I'm actually not opposed to what is being proposed but I am opposed to how it is being pushed through.

i agree with you 100%. This is a problem for all of washington to solve, not just the king, er, president.

the fact that the idiots in congress can't solve things like this speaks more of their ineptitude than it does of broken system that needs to be fixed. 

Smart move for Obama. He's securing 34 million lifetime votes for Dems! Could make a big difference in future elections.

Unless our nation has really fallen apart and fundamental election laws are ignored, those 34 million people will NOT be able to vote until they become citizens, and that will take years. Most discussions of this topic assume they'll be able to vote as soon as 2016, and that's not the case.

It's also uncertain that they would all vote for Democrats.

Edited by fan_since79

Just read that this is going to happen within the next few days. I usually lean pretty far to the left, but I completely disagree with this. Bypassing Congress on an issue this big is an abuse of executive power. It may well prove to be the move that defines Obama's legacy (even more than the Affordable Care Act). In my opinion, it is a bad move and one which will end up with his administration being viewed in history books as a failure. 

Edited by Ray McKigney

Look, I think we all can agree that other than having horny women, great food, kick ass beer parties in public parks on Sundays and cheap labor, Mexicans suck ass and we don't need them here.

I haven't posted on this board in quite a while but I still checked it out occasionally.  I had to break my silence because this post didn't get any love, and that's ridiculous.  

• 2 weeks later...

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Except you Irish Italians Greeks Poles Jews Chinese Japanese Latin Americans. We don't want you."

It's not as if we have no Latin Americans, we have millions.

Of those groups crossed off, what percentage of them entered the country illegally?

The point is that throughout our history, we have always set artificial limits to determine which groups have been allowed to legally enter our country and how many. It's no different now.

We have to ask ourselves honestly why we have such limits in place. If we are supposed to the "melting pot" that we claim to be, we should be welcoming to all who want to come here and lead productive lives. We have set those limits to keep out as many "undesirables" as possible. All of the groups I crossed out were, at one time, considered "undesirable" and were subject to restrictions.

Many Americans say lots of things.  The only person who matters is Obama.

I do think we should restrict who comes in to the U.S.  Not based on ethnicity though.

That's why I said "lead productive lives". There should be restrictions based on criminality (although what is a crime in some countries is not necessarily so here) and terrorist activities.

But the point I was making is that many Americans say they don't want them here. Just like all the other groups that I mentioned and crossed out.

Many americans say they don't want anyone here illegally.  The fact that immigration reform has not occured through four presidencies since Reagan's ammnesty program is a bunch of bs.  There is blame aplenty to pass around.  A much easier path to citizenship must be available to start with along with much more severe punishment for employers who break the law continually by hiring and lowballing illegal workers.

The point is that throughout our history, we have always set artificial limits to determine which groups have been allowed to legally enter our country and how many. It's no different now.

We have to ask ourselves honestly why we have such limits in place. If we are supposed to the "melting pot" that we claim to be, we should be welcoming to all who want to come here and lead productive lives. We have set those limits to keep out as many "undesirables" as possible. All of the groups I crossed out were, at one time, considered "undesirable" and were subject to restrictions.

I think the real point is all the other ethnicitys followed the rules and didn't make a criminal enterprise out of illegal immigration and melded with society for the most part. I know my ancestors did, they arrived by sponsorship and immediately a rule was put into effect in the household that only English would be spoken unless guests were present. My grandfather commented that they often enjoyed very quiet meals.

The limits were in place to avoid an overflow of undesirables such as criminals escaping prosecution or political dissidents but also making sure the work force wasn't over run with unskilled labor that the economy could not support. Sound reasoning that is completely ignored these days.

But the point I was making is that many Americans say they don't want them here. Just like all the other groups that I mentioned and crossed out.

There's a difference between saying you don't want illegal aliens living here and saying you don't want any Latin Americans living here.

Many americans say they don't want anyone here illegally.  The fact that immigration reform has not occured through four presidencies since Reagan's ammnesty program is a bunch of bs.  There is blame aplenty to pass around.  A much easier path to citizenship must be available to start with along with much more severe punishment for employers who break the law continually by hiring and lowballing illegal workers.

I agree. The buck has been passed for far too long.

If you don't think this is anything but ethnic replacement, you have your head in the sand. This isn't our country anymore. We are going to end up like the white people of Brazil and Colombia. USA will be a third world country in less than 50 years. 

Edited by bakunin