• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama Administration Prepares Amnesty ID Cards for Up to 34 Million Illegals

Cultivation of a permanent underclass

a much more popular method is the framing of every societal and moral issue into racial or xenophbic terms. turn the actual issue into a philosophical argument and you can avoid solution seeking forever.

this way the classes can continue to be stratified under the noses of the serfs.

I admit that my position on this might be less than reasonable. I just can't find an excusable reason to prohibit someone from a shithole country who wants to make a better life for his/herself and family. 

That is also part of the problem.  Many of these people are not adults, but kids that their parents hired coyotes to smuggle across the border, because they know that the US will take better care of them.  And these are the worst things for the US.  Because hey boo hoo hoo, they are kids, we can't send them back.  And if we keep them here, until they turn 18, we the taxpayers have to pay everything for them, since their parents are no where to be found.  

At least illegals that are families, you can count on some tax revenue coming in.  Whether it be sales, possibly even income or property taxes.  But these abandoned kids are nothing but a money pit.

its interesting that a country that is alledgedly at war with terrorists has borders as porous as we do.

this is the part of the entire equation that is so positively baffling to me. 

we're just begging for trouble when there is no system in place to process people who are here or want to come here, or to secure the borders and prevent some really nasty people from coming in. i just don't get this approach.

It isn't, but we will not be able to facilitate everybody and in this day and age you have to have some kind of controls over who comes in and out of the country.  We should be working harder at making life better for those in Mexico.  If things were better there that would solve a lot of issues. 

Our resources are not exhaustive, we cannot support everyone.  I am fine with green cards, but they better damn well give all of those striving to become citizens a pass right to it if this is what they are going to do. 

all very valid points, mt.

granting them amnesty is going to have to come with a way to citizenship, and hopefully that increases the tax base. we're working with finite resources, and these new "americans" need to pay into the system.

this is not the way i would have preferred things happen, but we need to make this work. i still think there ought to be some kind of modern ellis island for everyone to pass through. we need to establish who's here, and that includes them using their actual, real names.

Foreign workers in the middle east outnumber citizens in every country. Some by close to 2-1. Instead of this being a burden on the state they require the sponsor/employer to pay for the visa, provide housing and transportation to the work sites and pay into a government-created social program that provides hospitalization and workman's comp. Certainly there are abuses but at least in theory the workers are provided for.

These days these countries all have unemployment problems that stem from lack of trained work force and lack of incentive to hire locals who will be more expensive and usually a ton less productive so a given industry has limits on the numbers and types of visas it can obtain. My wife, for example, would not have gotten a visa to be an office manager since that's supposed to be a job reserved for citizens but she has a work permit that calls her a engineering draftsman.The governments are spending their resources on training progeams for their own citizens instead of battling illegal immigration problems but as of yet it's hard to find skilled labor locally. My job is secure because the terms of the Foreign Military Sales agreement states that only an American citizen with a security clearance may hold my job. 

this is the part of the entire equation that is so positively baffling to me. 

we're just begging for trouble when there is no system in place to process people who are here or want to come here, or to secure the borders and prevent some really nasty people from coming in. i just don't get this approach.

It might seem easy but sneaking in is still somewhat of a crapshoot that a terrorist organization can't really afford. If they have the cash to fund an attack in the US then they have the cash to spring for student visas and business class airline tickets. Crossing the desert is still more of a desperation act for those who have no other options.

• 4 weeks later...