• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels changing hitting coach?

HBMike

1. Again, w/ correct spelling, sources tell Chronicle that Dave Hansen a candidate for #Athletics hitting job if not promoted by #Angels.

Expand

@susanslusser Why would the Angels promote him, has something happened to Don Baylor?

Expand

@HBMike27 he has had some physical issues that might make a different coaching spot a possibility.

Edited by HBMike

Promoted to what? The main hitting coach.

Misleading thread title to get views for self Twitter promotion.

I could give a shit if i had one follower on twitter, also not sure how its misleading when that's what the a reporter is saying. 

When is the last time a team replaced their hitting coach when they had the best offense in baseball?

I guess you did not read all of my post, so hear it is again. 

Susan Slusser â€@susanslusser  2h2 hours ago

@HBMike27 he has had some physical issues that might make a different coaching spot a possibility.

Edited by HBMike

I chatted with Don Baylor at the Fanfest Sunday BP and Q&A with Tim Mead. He was thrilled to be back with the Angels. I mentioned that it had been a long time since he was in an Angels uniform. And he said " too long". Gave me the impression that this is exactly where he wants to be. If he were to step down it would be to stop working I think.

His "physical issues" were him breaking his leg trying to catch a first pitch.

It's an anomaly. 

Baylor is suffering from multiple myeloma, a type of cancer that damages the patient's bones. He was diagnosed in 2003. In a June 2013 interview posted by the Arizona Diamondbacks, where he was a coach, he talked about drug treatments and his stem cell transplant. At the time, he told interviewers about his current bone health:

http://www.examiner.com/article/don-baylor-s-broken-leg-not-unusual-with-multiple-myeloma

Exactly. He wouldn't have came back if it was an issue.

You could essentially make that same dumb claim every year because he has a condition.

he may have the same disease every year, but his actual condition is constantly changing.

My mom was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in Dec of 2012 and have taken her for bloodwork every week since and see every test result. I also have a consultation with her oncologist every 3 weeks. I say this so you know that my comment comes from personal experience.

Fortunately, chemo treatment for MM has progressed quite a bit in the last few years.

Edited by Lou

he may have the same disease every year, but his actual condition is constantly changing.

My mom was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in Dec of 2012 and have taken her for bloodwork every week since and see every test result. I also have a consultation with her oncologist every 3 weeks. I say this so you know that my comment comes from personal experience.

Fortunately, chemo treatment for MM has progressed quite a bit in the last few years.

Lou sorry to hear about your mom. Your own personal experience certainly sheds some light on why I would completely understand if Don Baylor needs to step back. Thanks for sharing and I hope everything turns out good for her.

Dave Hansen is a career .260 hitter himself, I mean if you don't know how to hit yourself, how do you teach others to hit? 

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.   Josh Hamilton could hit pretty well for most of his career....  Would you want him as a hitting coach?  How about Vlad?   Makes sense that a guy who struggled and needed to try everything and anything would make a good coach.

Ted Williams = Exhibit A of HOF players who had little patience for teaching others.

Meanwhile, Walt Hriniak had a career .586 OPS in 111 career PA's, but joined Charlie Lau as two of the most recognized ever hitting coaches.  

Those who can, do.   Those who can't, teach. 

Edited by Angel Oracle