• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why don't people like Joe Buck?

m0nkey

Who cares if his last name is Buck, he still has to go out there and make it happen. Does he have it easier? Of course, but if he was considered awful by the regular Joe that watches these games, he wouldn't be employed. Nepotism exists everywhere, but it just gives them a little longer leash or an easier road to get there. They still need to do the job. I am in upper management with my company and my son works for the company as well. We have the same first and last names, so when people meet him they know he is my son. Well if he chose to do what I do, I can guarantee he would be given the benefit of the doubt from time to time because of his name, but he would still have to be able to do his job at a high enough level in order to move up or to stay employed. That is true in all facets of life, except possibly politics.

He's lasted almost 20 years as fox's lead guy and it isn't because of his dad

The program directors of FOX have been mismanaging, if not actively sabotaging, the promotion of all their content that isn't low-cost, high-margin reality TV for almost 20 years.

Edited by ScottLux

• 2 weeks later...

actually it probably is. He rips off most of his dad's famous calls, and other announcers' as well.

imitating other broadcasters who were great at their job doesn't make you good.

he just ripped of Harry Caray's : " "It might be. It could be. It is"