• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways

I was at them all. Never missed them also. Moreso for Vandals than the Ataris.

Yea, Ataris just always opened for the Vandals at those shows it seemed.  Ataris were kinda mall popy but I still liked em.

Absolutely ****in loved the Vandals, never missed their shows either.  When I saw them open for Lagwagon at the Palladium the place went ****ing nuts when they played So Long Goodbye.  Must have been 1500 people in the pit, coolest thing ever.

I was in a bunch....that era in the mid 00's when everyone "was in a band". Nothing big or special, mostly the Warped Tour type metal shit. Got to play HOB though which was cool, but mostly played shit venues like that dump in San Bernardino that had a big ass hole in the left side of the stage.

I was in a bunch....that era in the mid 00's when everyone "was in a band". Nothing big or special, mostly the Warped Tour type metal shit. Got to play HOB though which was cool, but mostly played shit venues like that dump in San Bernardino that had a big ass hole in the left side of the stage.

Hudson Theater?  Isn't that a rave type place?

So name 'em off. If you played Back Alley, HOB once, etc. I'm sure I've seen the band on the bill.

Hudson Theater?  Isn't that a rave type place?

I looked and can't find the venue online....I'm guessing they closed down (surprise, surprise). I think it was owned and ran by two black dudes and had some trendy name like The Riot or something like that. They had a huge ass beam in the middle of the stage as well.

It was next or by the Carousel Mall. Bad area and bad venue.

So name 'em off. If you played Back Alley, HOB once, etc. I'm sure I've seen the band on the bill.

I'd rather not, looking back I just don't want my name attached to pretty poor music.

I wouldn't mind mentioning one band I was in because it was my first and I was just a fill in for a reunion type tour that the bass player couldn't make because of house arrest. Kind of a butt rock band with Social D and Johnny Cash covers.....the original music was kind of a mix between the two styles, just generic bar rock. The lead singer would wear eye liner and these bright red Dickies....just embarrassing. I don't remember the name of the band to tell you, I learned their set in 2 weeks then played a bunch of shows in the IE. After the little reunion tour (I guess they were kind of a bigger IE band, I thought they sucked) the guitar player and I started a project.

People in bands are the flakiest and just worst kind of dudes. It's hard just to get 5 people on the same page, so the rest were bands of just constant replacing of members and random shows....sometimes without a name and we made one up just for the bar or venue to promote it with their standard fliers, etc.

There was a band that was Minus The Bear/Brand New like that went nowhere, cool Mormon dudes but just couldn't put a band together and one guitar player was busy doing acoustic gigs at coffee shops, etc. Another was kind of a manufactured band of post-hardcore bands that did alright, but was purely for commercial/radio/and trying to make it and was what turned me off from music

I just looked and will mention Misery Loves Comfort because I can't find anything with me in it and I think what they have up is either before I joined or after I quit.......I'm thinking after because the music I came across was stuff I wasn't a part of. From what I remember they made the rounds, broke up, the drummer and guitar player carried on, picked up a singer, and then I joined after the bass player quit. We jammed a bunch and I liked us musically, but the vocals were just brutal and that screamo type stuff, but bad. I don't even see the singer in the stuff I found either. He was a regular at the Slidebar, knew the dudes from Lit and just networked. He was terrible, but had the hook ups and got us the HOB gig....total d-bag that showed up late to practice in a 300C and just a microphone haha. I think he's actually some big dj doing house music. The HOB show I remember I had everyone come out because of the venue and ironically the chick I dated at the time was a host/server there. We did a lot of intro/instrumental stuff and I dug it, but as soon as the singer opened his mouth I just crumpled inside. My buddies and family that came out gave me shit for not "rocking out" on stage but it hit me on stage that my name was attached to this shit.....of course they all just think it's cool to play the venue. My chick said I looked like I hated life up there. I actually quit the band right after the show in the green room....which was a kick to morale as they were high off playing there and that was our first show.

Funny side note from my chick at the time. The Roots played the night before and my chick said they absolutely degraded the green room, which made it kind of memorable. She was hosting for them and would just walk in with a chick blowing two dudes at the same time or getting some of the hos to do some nasty ass play shit. She said she never saw anything like it while working there.

My "music career" was just a couple years in the mid 00's and I hated it. I treated it like a business and the dudes I generally played with were sex, drugs, rock and roll.....the unreliable, slacker type.

lol @ the crumpled up inside part. I was big into the punk/hardcore scene in the late 90s to mid 00s and would book shows in Pomona/Chino/Chino Hills and had friends that booked all throughout the IE, that's why I asked what bands you were in. Booking shows started as a dream and ended horrible. You get to see how douchey/sketchy guys that you look up to truly are and never see them the same.

Edited by TobiasFunke

lol @ the crumpled up inside part. I was big into the punk/hardcore scene in the late 90s to mid 00s and would book shows in Pomona/Chino/Chino Hills and had friends that booked all throughout the IE, that's why I asked what bands you were in. Booking shows started as a dream and ended horrible. You get to see how douchey/sketchy guys that you look up to truly are and never see them the same.

Yeah, ironically, that HOB show and the singers ties catapulted him into being their venue music manager....or whatever it's called where the dude picks the bands that play the venue.

Between that gig and the dj stuff he probably turned out the best for being the worst dude in the band.

I don't remember playing any venues in those areas, but could be wrong. I mainly remember some OC places, a bunch in the IE, a lot in the Murrieta/Temecula area, and of course the Whiskey, and those classic LA spots.

Guttermouth was one of my favorite bands at one point in time. I followed them everywhere like a dead head to The Dead. I'm sure I was there but nothing is coming to me as to who that band was. Let me think and see if I can dig up my old concert tickets. I used to write notes on who else played with the headliners on them.

Guttermouth, hah.

Any of you guys ever see Limitpoint?  My friend was their drummer.  He was a pretty amazing drummer but the band was pretty meh.  Mall pop style.  They did a lot of local shows in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Same with Stonehouse another friends band, he was lead guitar.  They were heavy metal style though and never really played any major gigs.

The only bands I had ties to back in the day were my hockey goalie was in a band called Out of Bounds.....I actually liked them. I remember their first album they got some homeless dude to hold up a sign and gave him some beers and a couple bucks for being on the cover.

And I dated the cousin of the Asian dude in Homegrown.