• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com's 10th Anniversary Member Appreciation Interview with SteveStevens:

10th-anniversayURL-LARGE-01.jpg

This week we celebrate our 10th anniversary with an interview with long time member, Stevestevens. Tyler brings very little to any topics or discussion on the board, he usually is a smartass who devotes most of his time to the Main forum and the sports forum. Needless to say he has fit right in at AngelsWin.com over the years and we love him! 

Let's find out a little about stevestevens in this week's member appreciation post. 

AngelsWin.com: When and how did you first come to AngelsWin.com?

SteveStevens:  I started my current job when I graduated from college in 2003 and found the ESPN board because I needed to fill some time while I was at work.  Honestly who really works 40 hours a week at their job?  Then I moved over when Chuck created this wonder of a place.

AngelsWin.com:  What keeps you coming back to the site?

SteveStevens:  The work that the guys do with the minor league stuff is unmatched and nothing comparable can be found anywhere else on the interwebs.  I was asked a while ago to help with that end of it because I live in Orem where the Owlz play but I would feel completely inferior to the guys on here and the work they do.  I also just do not have the time and when I go to games I am usually running around after one of 20+ kids. 

AngelsWin.com:  What have been some of your favorite articles and threads? 

SteveStevens:  Common courtesy, patio table, the red sox collapse thread, jeter day thread, and PercySquint replies in movie threads are some that stick out in my mind but there are way too many classics.

AngelsWin.com:  What in-person events have you attended from AngelsWin.com (Spring/Summer Fanfests, Charity Golf, Charity Softball)?

SteveStevens:  None,  We always take our California trip in August so I miss out on the summerfest.  I asked Adam about doing the Charity Golf tournament in Utah but he is afraid of Mormons.  Once my two oldest boys are game for spring training I will be heading down to Arizona with them so that will most likely be my first event.

AngelsWin.com:  Why is AngelsWin.com your internet home for the Angels?

SteveStevens: Like I said, the minor league stuff is unmatched and the acquaintances on the board are great.  

AngelsWin.com:  In your opinion, what is AngelsWin.com’s best feature: the articles, charitable events, game-day chat, message boards, Fanfests, podcasts, etc?

SteveStevens: The best feature is the aw.com staff members who do all this stuff for free.  Total dedication from them towards the Angels organization.   

Lighter Side

AngelsWin.com:  Where do you live and what do you do?

SteveStevens:  Orem, UT. I work in the Public Health field (disease investigation and all that fun stuff)  

AngelsWin.com: Why are you an Angels fan?

SteveStevens:  I was born in Mission Viejo, CA and grew up going to the games.  I went with my friend growing up who had season tickets and also my family.  Then in high school we would always go with a group of guys from the high school baseball team.  We liked to be loud and obnoxious.  We got some good replies from Rickey Henderson, Ken Griffy Jr., Derick Lowe, and Jim Edmonds. We liked to sit up against the visiting bullpen in right field and yell at the pitchers.

AngelsWin.com:  What was your first Angels game that you remember? Who’d you go with?

SteveStevens:  June 26, 1985 Reggie Jackson hits a grand slam.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CAL/CAL198506260.shtml

I was with my family.  I had been to games before but I will never forget that game.  I was 8 years old and the place was rocking when Reggie went deep.

AngelsWin.com:  Who have been your favorite players? Why? Any great stories or interactions with them?

SteveStevens:  Brian Downing because he was an all out player.  Wally Joyner for obvious reasons.  Lance Parish because he hit a homerun off the old second deck and I thought that was pretty sweet as a kid.  Vlad because you always felt like you needed to see every AB that he was involved in and Weaver because he earns it every time out on the mound, 100% intensity.  

AngelsWin.com:  How do you survive the offseason?

SteveStevens:  Season tickets to BYU basketball and the golf channel. 

AngelsWin.com: What’s one thing you’d like everyone in AngelsWin.com to know about you?

SteveStevens: Despite all of Tanks lies and attempts to bring me down, I only have 5 kids.  I also stole his golf clubs. 

AngelsWin.com: What is your favorite movie?

SteveStevens: Teen Wolf and a close second would have to be Karate Kid and North Shore.