• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

5 years ago today

Richard

vlad_papelbon.jpg

Down 5-2, the Angels rally for 2 runs in the 8th, and 3 in the 9th to complete the comeback and sweep the Boston Red Sox.  

Abreu's RBI Double:
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/0/v7041189/laabos-gm-3-abreus-double-has-halos-within-a-run/?c_id=mlb

Vlad's game winning hit:
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/0/v7042721/tv-radio-call-of-guerreros-big-hit-off-papelbon/?c_id=mlb

It's been slim pickings since 2002 to be fair

That series would definitely rank at the top

Vlad's game tying Grand Slam in 04 was fun, though it was short lived since we know how that game ended

Jeff Mathis walkoff hit vs the Yankees in the ALCS is another standout moment

Bengie Molina dominating the Yankees in the 05 ALDS, as well as the team crushing Randy Johnson in Game 3

Adam Kennedy's 2 run triple in Game 5 where Shieffield and Croby crashed into each other into the RCF wall, allowing the Halos to take a 3-2 lead

B33fBLP.jpg

I think that's really about it. Everything else has been largely forgettable, unfortunately

Weren't there two outs in the 9th before they got a runner on base? That was an incredible game.

Yep. In fact, they were down to their last strike

0-2 count on Aybar who lined a single up the middle to start the rally. 3 runs, all with 2 outs. They were down to their last strike 3 times before they eventually took the lead - Aybar's single on an 0-2 count, Figgins working a walk on a 3-2 count, Abreu's RBI double on a 1-2 count

I was at Game 5 of the 2005 ALDS, that was another great one.  I'll never forget Colon blowing out his arm and Santana coming in fairly quickly.  I think if we had kept Troy Glaus we could have won the World Series that year, just didn't have enough offense against the White Sox.  I was also at the Mathis walkoff game against the Yankees in the 2009 ALCS, and at Game 3 of the 2002 ALDS (one of the best games I've ever attended), so I'm 3-0 at Angels vs. Yankees playoff games.