• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Miller: Hamilton's comments, like his performance, anything but comical

And then Game 3! Hamilton had awful career numbers against Shields. Shields had owned him.

That + Hamilton being awful the first two games (and clearly should not have been playing).

So, what does Scioscia do? Play him.

Scioscia failed to make any sort of adjustments. That's on Scioscia.

He was obviously viewed as a potential asset. As was every other player on the roster. But it should've been obvious to anyone after the first game (or even first AB) that he was not in any sort of position to help the club. Those god awful swings and results...not to mention looking lost on defense made it pretty obvious that he was not going to help.

Scioscia failed to adjust. He just kept trotting him out there.

Wow, he made some terrific plays on defense, I don't know what games you were watching.  And while he didn't get a hit, most of the time he did make contact, except for two strikeouts.

Cowgil doesn't catch that ball in game one either. Now I haven't seen a replay of the play but I was sitting in section 408 and had a great view of the play. Hamilton had a good jump on the ball, it was just hit too hard. It was more of a defensive alignment problem than a lack of defense problem on Hamilton's part.

A different manager would probably adjust a little quicker, especially with so much on the line...it being the postseason and all. Just a hunch.

Hey, explain why Hammy was in Game 3 please. You seem so hell-bent on making sure no criticism falls on Scioscia. So, explain his reasoning?

I have no idea why Hamilton played. I wouldn't have played him in game two or three. We don't disagree on whether or not Hamilton should have played, we disagree on the impact he made on a line up that did nothing regardless of how he did, and whether or not it was entirely on Scioscia.

Just because the rest of the offense sucked doesn't excuse the fact that Hammy was allowed to play (and suck) all 3 games. That was a fail on Scioscia. No adjustments whatsoever. And that Game 3 start defied all logic...especially after what we saw the first two games.

Edited by Angels

yeah, all water and lousy ABs under the bridge now.......

there was a mention of Moustakas playing for KC and getting hot in the playoffs after a poor August/ September.......

there's a difference there --not exactly what Moustakas' stats were in August/September but he had a much better second half than first half when he got sent out to Omaha for about a month to two weeks -- his stats may not have been great in September but  I saw some of his ABs on televised games and his swing looked ok...........also Moustakas is pretty good on D down at 3B.  One of the 'mistakes' Yost made (in the Oakland game) was PH Jason Nix for Moustakas in the 11th and then trotting poor fielding Nix out to play 3B in the top of the inning when the A's bunting to third and a ball that Moustakas probably would have caught (a bunt that went into air) dropped in front of a slightly mis-positioned Nix and the A's scored the go-ahead run -- the Royals won in the bottom of the 12th thanks to the A's pen and over-came Yost's effort to lose the game).

So Moustakas has some real D value to KC even without his 4 post-season HRs (which is surprising given his lack of pop during the regular season).

If there was a DiPoto/ Sosh issue on the Hamilton on the ALDS roster deal -- one explanation for Sosh's move may have been -- 'hey, DiPoto, it's your guy, you want, he's playing'

I doubt that happened but just as good as any other excuse.

I didn't think Hamilton hurt us on D in the OF during ALDS but was not a plus and not an up-grade over other options -- Cowgill.

Hamilton's ABs were awful. I don't think I saw one AB (of his 13 ALDS ABs) that I thought was acceptable -- I thought it was pretty clear in the first game he wasn't anywhere close to being able to hit and contribute any offense to the team.......and not just the lack of production as in an Oh for with some tough breaks, decent swings and shots hit at people..........he was awful and looked it.