• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Five Guys vs. In-N-Out Burger: Can You Guess Which Is the Better Business?

I don't doubt that with the obesity epidemic in this country.

But I don't blame people, how else would you consume the nasty fries :)

Fresh.  IMO, they are the best fries around.  

But after they have been sitting for about 20 minutes.  Yeah, the "no perservatives" really kicks in, and they become droopy and greesey.  

I have heard that some people get around the fries by getting them double fried so they are more crispy.

That was before my time. I can tell you these days we go after copy cats hard here in the states and around the rest of the world. We actually have a team that does cook outs in other countries to protect our patents and intellectual property.

Yeah, just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone knew more about it. As far as I know, no one from INO ever had a published comment about it and I'm sure they knew about it.

The original rumor was it was a falling out with a relative who worked there. Later I read it was one of the original managers (possibly the same?). That's about all I know.

ate at the one in corona tonight (15 and ontario)

Ha, I was there a few hours ago. Still burping the onion.

That one, the Serfas Club one (wish they still had dual drive thru lanes) and the Anaheim Hills location are my primaries.

As a kid I went to the chapman/state college location (no drive thru).

I've been to McDonald's, Wendy's, Jack in the Box and Taco Bell probably fewer than 15 times combined in my life. I don't get rolling the dice at a place like that when there are better options. Consistency and freshness are the main reasons why In-N-Out is so successful IMO. I wish they could do grass-fed beef instead (there is a noticeable difference) but that would probably kick the price up a couple dollars.

Fresh.  IMO, they are the best fries around.  

But after they have been sitting for about 20 minutes.  Yeah, the "no perservatives" really kicks in, and they become droopy and greesey.  

I have heard that some people get around the fries by getting them double fried so they are more crispy.

Pretty much. I had a high school job at a sandwich shop and we used to blanch the potatoes fresh like In and Out does. In and Out kind of undercooks their fries anyway, but even when you leave them in longer they are going to be limp.....there is a fine line with cooking them to be crisp but not overdone or burnt when it comes to real potatoes.

I'm not big into fries and really don't order them or eat them anymore when I found out how bad they are for you, but if I get them from InO I ask for well done and that works.

The funny thing is looking up pics of their fries they all look way better than I usually am served. I rarely get longer fries like those pictured on Google.

Ha, I was there a few hours ago. Still burping the onion.

That one, the Serfas Club one (wish they still had dual drive thru lanes) and the Anaheim Hills location are my primaries.

As a kid I went to the chapman/state college location (no drive thru).

I've been to McDonald's, Wendy's, Jack in the Box and Taco Bell probably fewer than 15 times combined in my life. I don't get rolling the dice at a place like that when there are better options. Consistency and freshness are the main reasons why In-N-Out is so successful IMO. I wish they could do grass-fed beef instead (there is a noticeable difference) but that would probably kick the price up a couple dollars.

Totally disagree regarding Wendy's. Wendy's is one of the best fast food restaurants on Earth.