• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The O's leave Jimenez off the roster

joeywings

Right, the GM would have much rather have started Rasmus and gone with a bullpen game instead or do you think he would have gone with Santiago?

Fact; 2 of last 3 starts by Wilson were good starts. Fact: Santiago is an inconsistent as Wilson. Fact: The idea of a bullpen game is a desperate gamble considering you wouldn't want to burn out your pen unless absolutely necessary.

Good starts? They were akin to a blind squirrel finding an acorn. He had more walks than strikeouts in that final "good" start, only two strikeouts, and at one point during the first few innings threw more balls than strikes. It was obvious he wasn't pitching well

Santiago may have been inconsistent and far from a good option...but compared to Wilson? ...

And hey, speaking of bullpen games...do you think that Wilson would've given the team more innings than Rasmus or Santiago? I mean, what was the difference as far as expected innings? Forget quality innings for a sec.... just expected innings. Was there some difference to be expected there?

Edited by Angels

I think Dipoto like Wilson more than Scioscia does.

And the manager decides who to play in the regular season because you can't tailor the roster so specifically for a small sample of games. In the playoffs, you can be pretty sure that Scioscia and Dipoto agreed on who would be on the roster and who would play.

Ok, so... in the event of a disagreement, who has the final say? The manager or the general manager? If Scioscia wanted Wilson to start and Dipoto wanted Rasmus or Santiago, who got the final say?

This is assuming that they don't agree with each other or think alike 100% of the time...

Edited by Angels

What if it was Dipoto who got the final say and so Scioscia's hands were tied and he started Wilson and Hamilton. Now what? There's as much logic to support that. Was it Scioscia who signed Wilson and Hamilton? No, it was Dipoto. As far as who gets the final say, well for in game decisions it's Mike, for who's on the roster it's Dipoto. For who's in the lineup it's a group decision. Fletcher told us as much and he's the only one here with any inside knowledge. Obviously I have no idea who told who that Wilson was starting or Hamilton for that matter, but you sure seem hellbent on making Scioscia out to be the reason for all the teams failures. By the way, when IP listen those names he wasn't listing Dipotos failures, he was listing his failures that weren't saber type picks.

It may have been a group decision but you assume that Scioscia and Dipoto agree with each other and think alike 100% of the time.

Tell me... if Scioscia wanted a "proven" veteran like Wilson over Rasmus and Santiago in Game 3... and Dipoto wanted Rasmus or Santiago... who had the final say? Something had to give, right? Compromise? Were they sitting in a room for hours with their legs and arms crossed...waiting for someone to blink first? Who would have the final say in the event of a disagreement?

Edited by Angels

No I don't assume they agree, you keep saying that but I don't imply that at all.

As far as who would have the final say, my guess is the guy that's the boss.

Like I said in my previous post, there's as much to indicate Dipoto wanted those two as there is Scioscia, if not more. As guys like you like to point out Mike is here for awhile, while Dipoto has one more year left. I'm guessing one is less secure than the other.

We can go back and forth all night long but neither of us know for sure. You can call me an apologist I can call you a hater. In the end we will never know, and if we find out then one of the two guys has been fired.

Funny because I thought Wilson shut out the Mariners on the game we clinched. And on his last start he gave up 1 run.

Good starts? They were akin to a blind squirrel finding an acorn. He had more walks than strikeouts in that final "good" start, only two strikeouts, and at one point during the first few innings threw more balls than strikes. It was obvious he wasn't pitching well

Santiago may have been inconsistent and far from a good option...but compared to Wilson? ...

And hey, speaking of bullpen games...do you think that Wilson would've given the team more innings than Rasmus or Santiago? I mean, what was the difference as far as expected innings? Forget quality innings for a sec.... just expected innings. Was there some difference to be expected there?