• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Donnie Moore Article

Biergott

Donnie's widow and kid lived across us at Anaheim Hills .

She was nothing but trouble for the neighborhood .

She was foreclosed . She ransacked the house before leaving .

Took the oven and the dishwasher even.

Weeks after she was foreclosed, people would knock on our door asking where she was.

One showed me a check she wrote at the swap meet . lol

When it comes down to it, baseball is just a game. Family and friends are far more important, and nurturing those relationships. You have to leave your game-day heartache on the field. Take your lumps however extreme they may be. Easier said than done, though. Moore was vilified over that one pitch to Henderson and it really ate away at him.

For all the criticism of Hamilton, he seems to have his head in the right place family-wise, and I can't imagine him getting too depressed about his performance this season. That's probably a good thing if it motivates him to do better next year.

When it comes down to it, baseball is just a game. Family and friends are far more important, and nurturing those relationships. You have to leave your game-day heartache on the field. Take your lumps however extreme they may be. Easier said than done, though. Moore was vilified over that one pitch to Henderson and it really ate away at him.

For all the criticism of Hamilton, he seems to have his head in the right place family-wise, and I can't imagine him getting too depressed about his performance this season. That's probably a good thing if it motivates him to do better next year.

Did you read the article? He had a lot more problems/issues other than that one pitch.

I'm sure being abused her entire life and shot might have something to do her being a little troubled. I'm sure having a great neighbor like you was helpful.

God dam good quote after a most horrifying and empathy-lacking post from Good Neighbor Sam there.

Edited by SOTO

That was the ultimate frustrating game in franchise history. Outside of Gedman's HR that barely went over the short wall down the RF line, everything went right for 8 innings.

Both Baylor's and bleeping Henderson's HRs were just about no doubters. The big frustration along with those HRs was Gary Lucas with his very first pitch hitting his first batter in like forever.

But in the bottom of the 9th and bottom of the 10th, so many things could have been different in a close game.

Wilfong fails to take 2B on the throw to the plate when the tying run scored in the 9th. Schofield's single to right not far from the foul line may have scored Wilfong if he was on 2B.

DeCinces swings at the first pitch thrown by Steve Crawford with the bases loaded and 1 out, when Crawford hadn't pitched in a week.

Pettis hits a drive with 2 outs in the 10th that Rice reaches up and barely catches before hitting the LF wall. Narron would have likely scored from 1B if Rice doesn't catch the drive.

Finally, Moore is sent back out in the 11th despite just about getting to his max pitch count for a 1986 appearance. Even Grich and Bob Costas on the MLBN Greatest Games segment wondered why Finley wasn't brought in to start the inning instead of after the run had scored.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I'm sure being abused her entire life and shot might have something to do her being a little troubled.  I'm sure having a great neighbor like you was helpful.

She sold the big house and moved to Summit of Anaheim Hills .

We were in a cul de sac . They were three houses down opposite of us .

Cops were called more than once b/c they'd have really loud parties in there .

You're a goodie-goodie .  You'd be the first to call the cops if you were adjacent to their house .

We're never going to hear Donnie's version of what really drove him over the cliff.

She sold the big house and moved to Summit of Anaheim Hills .

We were in a cul de sac . They were three houses down opposite of us .

Cops were called more than once b/c they'd have really loud parties in there .

You're a goodie-goodie . You'd be the first to call the cops if you were adjacent to their house .

We're never going to hear Donnie's version of what really drove him over the cliff.

What do you think the "real" story is? She drove him over the cliff?