• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

[Fletcher: Where do the Angels go from here?] But it's not our money!

I think you misunderstood his comment. I think Wilson is owed approx 35 million over the last two years of his contract. He's saying the Angels would eat about 20 of the 35 M and another team would take a flyer on him for approx 7 M over the last two years hoping he'll bounce back and put up decent numbers.

Well if we are paying 20 million of it and we need starting pitching why do we make the trade?  

Let's face it, this franchise is screwed with the Pujols, Hamilton, and Wilson contracts. Time for Moreno to sell the team. This is an old roster that can't win now

With these former steroid guys all sucking it's time to rebuild the minor leagues. Maybe we'll have a chance in 2022

Edited by Butcher'd

Let's face it, this franchise is screwed with the Pujols, Hamilton, and Wilson contracts. Time for Moreno to sell the team. This is an old roster that can't win now

With these former steroid guys all sucking it's time to rebuild the minor leagues. Maybe we'll have a chance in 2022

This is adorable.

I think that's a bit of an overreaction. If we get a couple players in rental deals and find a new interim manager would could make one last hail mary push to win next year, then go into a mini-rebuild and be ready to go as soon as 2019 =)

I think that's a bit of an overreaction. If we get a couple players in rental deals and find a new interim manager would could make one last hail mary push to win next year, then go into a mini-rebuild and be ready to go as soon as 2019 =)

Could be true but with Moreno not willing to go into the luxury tax it seems as though Pujols and Hamilton have crippled our ability to win anything. If we got a new manager that wasn't afraid to bench a veteran that's performing terribly, I agree it could help. Hopefully we can make some trades for some solid prospects in the near future

Could be true but with Moreno not willing to go into the luxury tax it seems as though Pujols and Hamilton have crippled our ability to win anything. If we got a new manager that wasn't afraid to bench a veteran that's performing terribly, I agree it could help. Hopefully we can make some trades for some solid prospects in the near future

For the right player he will go over the tax.

Wilson's contract is not terrible and will be over soon. Hamilton will be gone shortly after. Pujols will be around for awhile.

If anything, we should be thankful that the presence of those contracts means fewer of them in the future.

Wilson's contract is managable, just 2 years left....Hamilton's is more problematic but not impossible to work around....Pujols, well, he's a sunk cost forever basically....the Giants worked around Zito's deal and still won big so it's doable....

Every year I see similar pronounciations of doom regarding contracts and how this team is screwed.  Yet still..........................

Never seems to be the case.