• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register

I wasn't even able to call to complain...it was like a black hole. 

But, I actually got a paper today on which would have been day 7!  And we have had two special deliveries since....knocks on the door and another paper arriving and then all the missing papers. I guess they finally read my daily emails.  I was also able to get through on Live Chat to stop my auto payments since I'm pretty sure I am cancelling.

I wasn't even able to call to complain...it was like a black hole. 

But, I actually got a paper today on which would have been day 7!  And we have had two special deliveries since....knocks on the door and another paper arriving and then all the missing papers. I guess they finally read my daily emails.  I was also able to get through on Live Chat to stop my auto payments since I'm pretty sure I am cancelling.

In the past when they missed delivery I demanded credit instead of yesterday's news.

I have been reading this thread just to see what was going on -- I saw a LOT of Register subscribers this year with their free ticket vouchers-- and never said anything, but I noticed something this morning when I went to my Walgreens--- They had NO OC Register newspapers!  So I went and drove by McDonalds, since that was the only other "newsbox" I could think of, and IT was empty, too!!!    How do they expect to stay in business if there's no newspapers to buy???

I have been reading this thread just to see what was going on -- I saw a LOT of Register subscribers this year with their free ticket vouchers-- and never said anything, but I noticed something this morning when I went to my Walgreens--- They had NO OC Register newspapers!  So I went and drove by McDonalds, since that was the only other "newsbox" I could think of, and IT was empty, too!!!    How do they expect to stay in business if there's no newspapers to buy???

I think the general consensus here is they won't. At least as a paper copy.

I think the Press-Enterprise is a little shaky now too. They used to cover local HS sports pretty thoroughly. Lately, they don't even have the resources to acquire most of the football scores.

Kind of sad how these papers have dropped the ball on internet news. It should have been a natural transition. Very little foresight.

We once had two newspapers in Las Vegas. One of them, the Las Vegas Sun, exists now almost entirely as an internet publication. They ceased hard copy distribution several years ago - although the name carries on as an insert in the Sunday edition of the paper's one-time competitor, the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

For anyone who needs to speak to someone, I got through on the Live Chat (bottom of the Customer Service page of the OC Register website).  Not that it did that much good.  Started getting the paper on Day 7 and then Day 8 but they missed the Sunday paper and I got it this morning. I was at least able to stop automatic payments so I can get (and dispute) any bills I may get.