• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Fryer: Angels' sleepwalking act disappoints fans

I have said this before:

There isn't a manager in baseball who would have started Cowgill over Hamilton in the playoffs. Quit talking like that was an rational option.  During the playoffs you go with your best and you hope your best performs.  Hamilton didn't but Hamilton having a bad year is the equivalent of Cowgill having an average year.  

Trout, Ianetta, Cron, Freese:  All had just one more hit than Hamilton.  You really think Cowgill would have made a difference?  Your fooling yourself.  The whole team sucked on offense.  

You guys talk as if only Cowgill would have played we would have won the ALDS.

Trout, Ianetta, Cron, Freese:  All had just one more hit than Hamilton.  You really think Cowgill would have made a difference?  Your fooling yourself.  The whole team sucked on offense.  

Trout OPS: .600

Ianetta OPS: .582

Cron OPS: .495

Freese OPS: .864

Hamilton OPS: .000

Which one of those is not like the others?

Are you actually trying to make an argument that any of the Angel players were effective offensively in the playoffs? 

Come on, the entire team laid an egg hitting wise.  I would back this argument up more if other players came through in the clutch and Hamilton just lost it all for us but they lost collectively because collectively they couldn't hit themselves out of a paper bag for three straight games.

Are you actually trying to make an argument that any of the Angel players were effective offensively in the playoffs? 

Come on, the entire team laid an egg hitting wise.  I would back this argument up more if other players came through in the clutch and Hamilton just lost it all for us but they lost collectively because collectively they couldn't hit themselves out of a paper bag for three straight games.

Most of the angels hitters were bad.

Hamilton was catastrophically terrible.  Its not even in the same ballpark.  183 at-bats, and not one single positive thing happened.  That's why other players he listed had mediocre to bad OPSs.  Hamilton's was nothing.

To compound things, in Game 1, Scioscia wasted outs twice by bunting to *get* to Hamilton.

Edited by yk9001

when i think about the angels playoffs this year, i feel how my mother must have felt when she would say things like, "no, you didn't do anything wrong technically, but i'm just very disappointed in you." 

we choose to either live up or down to the moment. i feel like scioscia and the angels really just kind of quit after the division lock up party. i know they didn't, but they kind of did.

The second time I agree, it should have been apparent after a couple of ab's that he wasn't going to get it done.  But the team lost because it crapped the bed in the batters box.  They stunk, they didn't hit well and the two runs in the first game scored by the Royals were defensive blunders.  One by Hamilton and one by Trout.

I'm still pissed about the whole thing.

Honestly now that I'm so far removed from it, this year especially feels as bad or worse than 1986.

Soto, not even close! 

We made it to the LCS and were one strike away. 

I feel more positive about next year based on how the team played this season. I'm disappointed we didn't advance but the 162 game experience for me was a good one prior to the playoffs. 

I'll guarantee that Cowgill gets at least one single.  Hamilton came up a couple of times with guys on base and a single would have scored a run.  Yes, most of the players stunk but replacing Hamilton would have helped the pitiful offense.  He couldn't even get a lousy single for crying out loud.  Cowgill would have at least done that.

One F'n hit. Get off the stat drug. OPS is misleading with small sample size. Cowgill would not have made a difference. And there isn't a manager in baseball who would have sat Hamilton for him.

Trout OPS: .600

Ianetta OPS: .582

Cron OPS: .495

Freese OPS: .864

Hamilton OPS: .000

Which one of those is not like the others?

And your guarantee that he gets his is based on what? The hit hitting from other angel hitters? You statement is speculative at best. And even if he got a hit how do you know if would have helped us. For example A year had four hits in game 3 and it didn't help. Are you guaranteeing he would have gotten a hits games 1 or 2 when the entire team scored had what seven hits?

I'll guarantee that Cowgill gets at least one single. Hamilton came up a couple of times with guys on base and a single would have scored a run. Yes, most of the players stunk but replacing Hamilton would have helped the pitiful offense. He couldn't even get a lousy single for crying out loud. Cowgill would have at least done that.

We'll never know how many hits Cowgill or Navarro would've had because Scioscia didn't give them a chance.

Cowgill and Navarro helped to get us to the playoffs. NOT Hamilton ~ he was injured most of the time.

And I'm so pissed I can't even watch baseball right now.

The boos from the Angel fans were probably 50/50 aimed at Hamilton AND Scioscia.

And your guarantee that he gets his is based on what? The hit hitting from other angel hitters? You statement is speculative at best. And even if he got a hit how do you know if would have helped us. For example A year had four hits in game 3 and it didn't help. Are you guaranteeing he would have gotten a hits games 1 or 2 when the entire team scored had what seven hits?

Are you related to Hamilton or Scioscia?  I didn't mean to offend you sheesh.  Hamilton is TERRIBLE!  Cowgill is not.  Very simple to understand.

I'm not related to either, but the entire team sucked offensively, except for Calhoun. He had hits in all three games. Aybar had a big game 3, but he didn't do much in either of the other games. We have no way of knowing if the replacements would have done any better, we just no what Josh didn't do. I would rather have seen Cowgill in game one and then start Josh in game two against a righty to see if he had anything. I just won't go as far as saying, if we played someone else we win that series. For all we know those guys come up and hit four sinking liners to center and all four of them get caught by Superman Cain.

Are you related to Hamilton or Scioscia?  I didn't mean to offend you sheesh.  Hamilton is TERRIBLE!  Cowgill is not.  Very simple to understand.

Just shows how childish you are.  NO...I am not related to either.  I just understand the nature of sports.  You go with your best.  Hamilton at his best is far better than Cowgill at his best.  Hamilton having a bad year is equivalent to Cowgill having a good one.  NO competent baseball mind would endorse Cowgill over Hamilton without the benefit of hindsight.  Sorry you do not see that, but it is a fact.

Hamilton:     2014    BA  .263    OB%  .331    OPS  .745

Cowgill:        2014   BA   .250    OB%  .330   OPS   .700

As I stated:  Hamilton having a bad year is equivalent to Cowgill having a good one!