• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels' teammates, not fans, come first for Hamilton

I don't think you trade him just to trade him, especially if you have to eat $20 million a year to do so. You're better off hoping he can become a 3 WAR player or so, which isn't great but it's serviceable. He was about a 2 WAR this year, so I think he could easily be a 3-4 WAR next year. I don't believe he's a cancer on the team, if he was we would have heard something from someone. Hell we have Fletch on here, don't you think he would give us at least a hint if he was a bad clubhouse guy.

Poor Poor Josh....give me a break

He seriously needs his own PR person to keep him from alienating fans any further.  He may be a great guy and I know he was injured for a good part of the season.  I blame Scioscia more than Josh for his failure in the post season.  But seriously, the guy has no clue how to relate to fans when he is under pressure.  STFU Josh.

Aside from the broken thumb, im forgetting what other injuries he had. I know he was out towards the end of the year, was it ever said what was wrong with him?

sounded like a broken rib (described stabbing sensations in his ribs when trying to breathe)

I don't hate the man, and I don't claim to be able to read his every thought. That said, his actions are not those of a player who seems fully invested in the team. Whether there is an underlying reason for that I don't know, but you can't be fragile and dismiss those who pay to see you play when you get $25M per season. With that comes significant scrutiny. If you aren't up to handling it, don't sign the contract.

I don't think you trade him just to trade him, especially if you have to eat $20 million a year to do so. You're better off hoping he can become a 3 WAR player or so, which isn't great but it's serviceable. He was about a 2 WAR this year, so I think he could easily be a 3-4 WAR next year. I don't believe he's a cancer on the team, if he was we would have heard something from someone. Hell we have Fletch on here, don't you think he would give us at least a hint if he was a bad clubhouse guy.

I've never gotten any indication from anyone that Hamilton was an issue at all in the clubhouse. In fact I asked David Freese about him in the wake of the Sheffield comments and he said they think he's working hard to get back.

As for that photo, the fact that he's not wearing a hat in it makes me think he just came back to the dugout from hitting. I can't confirm or deny the background given here, but that was my first thought. And it's kinda silly to judge a guy by where he's positioned in the dugout.

I've never gotten any indication from anyone that Hamilton was an issue at all in the clubhouse. In fact I asked David Freese about him in the wake of the Sheffield comments and he said they think he's working hard to get back.

As for that photo, the fact that he's not wearing a hat in it makes me think he just came back to the dugout from hitting. I can't confirm or deny the background given here, but that was my first thought. And it's kinda silly to judge a guy by where he's positioned in the dugout.

Thanks Fletch, I was hoping you would read this and comment on it. As far as the back ground given, i trust LTH, he is a stand up guy that wouldn't lie, but when I saw the photo, I thought I was looking at someone trying to clear his head after a bad at bat.

Thanks Fletch, I was hoping you would read this and comment on it. As far as the back ground given, i trust LTH, he is a stand up guy that wouldn't lie, but when I saw the photo, I thought I was looking at someone trying to clear his head after a bad at bat.

I'm sure LTH is a standup guy and well liked here but if you watch the tape you'll know he was wrong in his explanation of events.

Fans already have a bad taste for Hamilton ... no need to add fuel to the fire. I would love for the fans to get behind Hamilton and show some support. I believe the Angels are going to build on there success in 2015.

WS bound!

He found It comical that he was booed after his 3rd at bat - he says that like the fans are so quick to judge - but he is forgetting 2 seasons of sub par play with a big fat contract that we have had to endure . Those boos in my opinion are not just for 3 at bats they are for 2 seasons of frustration

Also I think anyone athlete / performer / actor / musician etc etc needs to realize how incredibly valueable fans are to what they do .

I am a musician and I fully realize that without fans and people supporting my gigs , buying CDs,merch etc that I would not get to do what I do. I am always genuinely glad for their support .

Edited by vlad27

He also makes it seem like he has gone above and beyond to be on the field - yes he got cortisone shots but I think that is just part of the job - he gets paid millions of dollars he should do Everything he can to play and satisfy that contract .

Shoemaker was out for a bit too - he didn't complain and he put together a great start and didn't complain

Edited by vlad27

Personally, I had no problems with any of his comments. Players get their motivation from each other not necessarily from the fans. All players realize the importance of the fans and the community that surrounds them ... even if their name is Josh Hamilton.

Josh is human and I can understand his frustration trying to get healthy by any means necessary. I don't think he was complaining but being honest when trying to respond to a home team reporters questions.

He should of responded by saying 'no comment'.

I wouldn't have taken the photo nor shared it via social media if I believed I was catching a moment out of context. I watched him sit on the bench by himself for a long time before I got my camera out.

I'm sure he wasn't lying when he said he had a headache, but if your head hurts so badly that you can't be on the rail with your teammates for two innings, what business do you have taking at-bats against the best pitchers in the world. I think the results speak for themselves.

And for the record, I am not one of these fans who has it in for certain players and I never booed Hamilton; not even that night. I just didn't like what I saw from him in the dugout, and then when he makes comments about how he plays for his teammates, not the fans, it rings really hollow for me. That's all.

LTH - I think your thought process is perfectly logical.  I just hope your conclusion isn't true.

I do the same thing with Albert.  I watch some of his actions on the field and I get the feeling that he's all about himself.  I hope I'm wrong about that too.

We just don't know.  We sure would like to know the truth, but may never get that.

I wouldn't have taken the photo nor shared it via social media if I believed I was catching a moment out of context. I watched him sit on the bench by himself for a long time before I got my camera out.

I'm sure he wasn't lying when he said he had a headache, but if your head hurts so badly that you can't be on the rail with your teammates for two innings, what business do you have taking at-bats against the best pitchers in the world. I think the results speak for themselves.

And for the record, I am not one of these fans who has it in for certain players and I never booed Hamilton; not even that night. I just didn't like what I saw from him in the dugout, and then when he makes comments about how he plays for his teammates, not the fans, it rings really hollow for me. That's all.

I appreciate your response ,.. maybe you should see the tape. In your eyes it may of looked that way. He barely sat on the bench in the sixth and the seventh inning. In fact Aybar was in that spot during Kendrick's AB. He was also in the hole to bat in the seventh.

Check it out ... if I'm wrong I will apologize .

Peace

Edited by Troll Daddy

I hate to side with Troll but he's right. I looked at the footage. I have no doubt that what LTH described actually happened. And clearly the photo is real. But it wasn't taken during the bottom of the sixth in game one. Not sure when it's from. But they had camera angles that showed that spot on the bench during the bottom of the sixth that came up probably 10 times. Only one time was anyone seated in that spot. It was Aybar, right before the first pitch to Kendrick.

Clearly that incident happened. But it wasn't in the sixth.

I hate to side with Troll but he's right. I looked at the footage. I have no doubt that what LTH described actually happened. And clearly the photo is real. But it wasn't taken during the bottom of the sixth in game one. Not sure when it's from. But they had camera angles that showed that spot on the bench during the bottom of the sixth that came up probably 10 times. Only one time was anyone seated in that spot. It was Aybar, right before the first pitch to Kendrick.

Clearly that incident happened. But it wasn't in the sixth.

Please share footage.