• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels' teammates, not fans, come first for Hamilton

I count everyone standing and only Hamilton sitting. Never, ever have seen that before, even the Angels pitcher was on the rail.

Ok, let's do a head count if you like. There should be 25 players on the rail standing up.

Would you be a sweetie and zoom in close to do the count.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I'll bite. By the hats and heads, there are 22 people at the rail.

There would have been 16 members of the roster in the dugout at the time, because:

- Kole Calhoun was batting at the time
- Mike Trout would have been on the circle preparing to bat next
- None of the relievers had been used yet at the bottom of the Sixth, so Jason Grilli, Huston Street, Joe Smith, Fernando Salas, Kevin Jepsen, Corey Rasmus and Mike Morin would have all been out in the bullpen.

Since Hamilton wasn't standing up, only 15 active roster players would have been at the rail. Then we have players who weren't on the 25-man roster who were present:

- Garrett Richards (you can see his monster black knee brace; he was also there for Game 2). Yep, the guy with the massive knee injury was there at the rail to support his teammates.
- John McDonald (who stayed with the team even in Kansas City to cheer them on)
- Joe Thatcher (ditto)

That makes 18, and then there are various coaches. So it does appear that every single player who wasn't batting or in the bullpen was standing at the rail, except for Hamilton.

I'll bite. By the hats and heads, there are 22 people at the rail.

There would have been 16 members of the roster in the dugout at the time, because:

- Kole Calhoun was batting at the time

- Mike Trout would have been on the circle preparing to bat next

- None of the relievers had been used yet at the bottom of the Sixth, so Jason Grilli, Huston Street, Joe Smith, Fernando Salas, Kevin Jepsen, Corey Rasmus and Mike Morin would have all been out in the bullpen.

Since Hamilton wasn't standing up, only 15 active roster players would have been at the rail. Then we have players who weren't on the 25-man roster who were present:

- Garrett Richards (you can see his monster black knee brace; he was also there for Game 2). Yep, the guy with the massive knee injury was there at the rail to support his teammates.

- John McDonald (who stayed with the team even in Kansas City to cheer them on)

- Joe Thatcher (ditto)

That makes 18, and then there are various coaches. So it does appear that every single player who wasn't batting or in the bullpen was standing at the rail, except for Hamilton.

rangreort_0408spo013.JPG

tumblr_mkymp1QweF1qzeo2zo1_500.jpg

All I heard from you is ... Blah blah blah lol

Maybe we should all keep a eye on the bench every game to see who's standing or sitting.

This picture is relavent to the statements he made. I agree that booing him after trying to come back from injury was a bit much. I booed from living room for him even being in the line up. Baseball players don't miss a month and immediately hit their stride. He was in the line up because of the name on his jersey not for what he brings to the table

TD the guy who took the picture have you exactly what you wanted, context. Then you dismiss it? Don't be a douche like that. I am a supporter of both the players and the coaches, but if that is the true context of this situation then at that moment, Hamilton is being selfish. Now I won't go as far as calling him a cancer or crucify the guy for it, but he certainly should have been up on the rail, no reason (that we know of) not to be.

I took the photo. Allow me to give you the context.

It was taken during the bottom of the sixth inning of Game 1 of the ALDS, while Kole Calhoun was batting. The game was tied, 2-2, at the time. Hamilton sat alone on the bench for the entire inning. This was the inning that ended with Aoki making that stupid catch against the fence on Kendrick's drive.

In the bottom of the seventh inning, I looked in the dugout and there was Hamilton again sitting alone in the same spot while everybody else was on the rail. He remained there until it was his turn be on deck.

There's your context.

I'm not sure who you are or what type of smear campaign you're running but you are wrong.

Hamilton wasn't sitting there all inning like you claim. He wasn't sitting there during Trout's or Kendrick's AB in the sixth. In fact Aybar was in that spot during Kendrick's AB.

I also don't see the importance of standing on the rail all game.

Why are you posting false info?

Edited by Troll Daddy

It's annoying that people judge a player's character by his stat line. If Josh was hitting .400 and sitting on the bench by himself, then there wouldn't be a peep from the fans. Oh, Josh is right, players are more concerned about their teammates than fans. Fans turn too easily. Only players will have one another's back.

Edited by mancini79

It's annoying that people judge a player's character by his stat line. If Josh was hitting .400 and sitting on the bench by himself, then there wouldn't be a peep from the fans. Oh, Josh is right, players are more concerned about their teammates than fans. Fans turn too easily. Only players will have one another's back.

If Josh hit .400 is this years post season we would probably be getting ready for game one right now.

I'm not sure who you are or what type of smear campaign you're running but you are wrong.

Jeez, dude - Shut the F up.

LTH was around these parts forever.  And, except for approximately one annual blowoff of steam, he's one of the biggest supporters of the Angels players, coaching staff, front office that this message board has.

Not only are you completely wrong, you look like a total douche, and complete asswipe.  

Walk away from the keyboard.

I've been around these parts forever too . There is no need for name calling. The guy posted wrong info and I think it should be noted.

There is no need to hate on our players. Anyone have any pics of Wilson at his dealership during the playoffs?

My point is that Josh is giving 100% to the team and is geniunly a good guy. Like I've said in previous posts ... it was a bad signing from the get go but there is no room for hate.

Let's get the story right ... If you believe there is one.

Hamilton has been treated with kid gloves by two organizations now. For the sake of argument, lets say this picture means nothing. Fair enough...

Im still wondering what chiropractor was open at 11pm the night they clinched...the night he wasnt there. We can say he didnt want to be around alchohol...but we also know thats an excuse as well

I support the players, and i think as fans we never know more than 10 percent about the back stories at best. That said, i think the 'haters' are correct this time.

Twenty five million only gets you a player who cares for team mates. I guess to get a player who cares about something else costs more. I am glad that the Angels opted for the lower cost. We should all be happy with the savings.

Hamilton has been treated with kid gloves by two organizations now. For the sake of argument, lets say this picture means nothing. Fair enough...

Im still wondering what chiropractor was open at 11pm the night they clinched...the night he wasnt there. We can say he didnt want to be around alchohol...but we also know thats an excuse as well

I support the players, and i think as fans we never know more than 10 percent about the back stories at best. That said, i think the 'haters' are correct this time.

Hamilton had a MRI that day ... so I'm guessing it was a hospital. He was home the night they clinched the division.

This thread is getting crazy. All I was saying is that the poster lead us to believe Hamilton sat on the bench all inning while the players were watching the game from the rail. I watched the tape and it's far from the truth.

I think Hamilton is guilty of putting to much pressure on himself ... the same goes for Pujols. Majority of players that get the 'stupid' money never live up to expectations.

If you're sign a big contract at a young age like Trout ... then your chances are good.

The hate here for Hamilton is strong already ... why make it worse?