• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels' teammates, not fans, come first for Hamilton

“We don’t necessarily play for the people in the stands,” he said. “We play for each other. We spend every day with each other. We have relationships with each other. We love each other. We fight for each other. That’s what we play for.”

I really like this statement.  

Also, I find the vitriol on this site comical as well.

I may get burned for this, but I agree with him. The fans don't know what he had to do just to get on the field. They're frustrated over everything and he's the poster boy for failure.

If his teammates understand him, then how can I judge him?

The problem is that before the playoffs he was telling everyone is that he was ready.  He didn't even need one game.  He would be ready.  

Then after game one he said the game was too fast for him.  And now we have this crap that we should not have expected that much from him because he had not played in a month.  

He needs to take ownership of his sucky play and Scioscia should have played Cowgill over him.  Josh should have not been on the playoff roster.  He contributed nothing.  He was terrible and he clearly was not physically or mentally ready to play in the playoffs.  And before anyone says that it would not mattered and we would have lost anyway, 9 AB's in game 1 and game 2 could have made a huge difference.  

Hind sight is 20/20 ... management gambled on him and it didn't work out.

On a side note ... Trout did more harm than good to the Angels win expectancy (minus-0.16).

His teammates know how hard Hamilton worked to get back. I don't think anybody is pointing fingers at each other.

Fans are allowed to boo whoever they like. I think it was comical myself.. First game back and only his third AB wtf

Edited by Troll Daddy

The picture showing him sitting alone, and added to his statement, produces an odd situation.

Why wasn't he up on the railing with everyone else, encouraging the others, if he is so team focused?

Was the picture taken right after his bad at bat?   If so, maybe it's understandable to be sitting alone to get it out of his mind.

But if it came after several minutes, that's another story.

Edited by Angel Oracle

The pic is a effing joke and taken out of context. I have no beefs with Hamilton. The guy busted his butt trying to recovery from injury. Angels made a terrible decision signing him and gambling on him in the playoffs. Our 2-4 hitters/Wilson were the real joke in the playoffs.

Here's hoping Hamilton turns it around next season.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I took the photo. Allow me to give you the context.

It was taken during the bottom of the sixth inning of Game 1 of the ALDS, while Kole Calhoun was batting. The game was tied, 2-2, at the time. Hamilton sat alone on the bench for the entire inning. This was the inning that ended with Aoki making that stupid catch against the fence on Kendrick's drive.

In the bottom of the seventh inning, I looked in the dugout and there was Hamilton again sitting alone in the same spot while everybody else was on the rail. He remained there until it was his turn be on deck.

There's your context.

It was taken during the bottom of the sixth inning of Game 1 of the ALDS, while Kole Calhoun was batting. The game was tied, 2-2, at the time. Hamilton sat alone on the bench for the entire inning. This was the inning that ended with Aoki making that stupid catch against the fence on Kendrick's drive.

In the bottom of the seventh inning, I looked in the dugout and there was Hamilton again sitting alone in the same spot while everybody else was on the rail. He remained there until it was his turn be on deck.

There's your context.

Many players have said that Hamilton is one of the "quiet leaders" on the team but it seems like he's taking that quite literally. 

There's your context.

All I heard from you is ... Blah blah blah lol

Maybe we should all keep a eye on the bench every game to see who's standing or sitting.

There's your context.

he pulled the same shit in texas. there was a well publicized photo of the whole ranger team at the rail, with hamilton seated at the far end of the dugout. you'd think he could at least act interested.

Edited by shellback

All I heard from you is ... Blah blah blah lol

Maybe we should all keep a eye on the bench every game to see who's standing or sitting.

I count everyone standing and only Hamilton sitting. Never, ever have seen that before, even the Angels pitcher was on the rail.