• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

November CA election

Flop, Republicans don't even have an identity anymore. How could one be elected if they don't have one?

Very true, amplified by the existence of the Tea Party splintering the cause so to speak.

Im not sure i agree on the identity part though, in general they are the party affluent that want to stay in that bracket at all costs... Basicaly they are the party of rich white males and those few of others that care more about their wealth than their color/race/etc...

The problem with that is that both parties have eroded the middle class to the point of it no longer being affluent and undermined thier own voting base.

I cant say im any more impressed with the Dem identity though as they have become the party of the everyone who isnt rich and white.

Politics in America today isnt about issues... its about a race/sex war, and that is never a good thing.

I am so glad I didn't go to Law School. Was thissssssssssssssssssssssssssss close

I have a love/hate relationship with the profession. The work I do now is very mentally stimulating and has practical implications on real people/life. The pay is probably better than most people my age get. And there are a lot of different directions I can steer my career. For example, I may eventually go in house or on my own.

On the other side, the hours range from tolerable (45-50) to horrible (65-70+), and most attorneys take only a few days of vacation each year. I don't think I have taken off more than two or three consecutive work days in 5 years. And the job can be incredibly stressful.

I have a love/hate relationship with the profession. The work I do now is very mentally stimulating and has practical implications on real people/life. The pay is probably better than most people my age get. And there are a lot of different directions I can steer my career. For example, I may eventually go in house or on my own.

just think, in a few years, this could be you, brother.

peter-john-picture.jpg

On the other side, the hours range from tolerable (45-50) to horrible (65-70+), and most attorneys take only a few days of vacation each year. I don't think I have taken off more than two or three consecutive work days in 5 years. And the job can be incredibly stressful.

Yeah dude. I get to work with attorneys all the time and essentially play one here and there. I really dig the work, but I couldn't survive if I had to work more than 40 hours per week consistently. 

Yeah dude. I get to work with attorneys all the time and essentially play one here and there. I really dig the work, but I couldn't survive if I had to work more than 40 hours per week consistently.

Adam, I do labor and employment litigation for a well-known firm. If you ever have an issue, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'd even be happy to take you out to lunch sometime if you are interested.

Phil, take solace in the fact that I consistently work 65-70 hours a week and probably get paid half what you do.

That's why I try not to complain too much Nate. Plenty of people have to work much harder than me. I am very blessed, despite an often terrible schedule.

But just FYI, attorneys, at least in CA, don't make as much money as most people think. The market is saturated with attorneys, and rates are way too low in many areas of law.

Given the high number of attorneys in CA I'm surprised anyone makes legitimate money. Most people I've known in the court system have advised against a law degree. Better off joining law enforcement and receiving a pension.

I think that unless you can get into a top 50 or top 75 law school and get financial assistance on top of that, you are probably better off not going. And remember, your salary will be offset largely by your student loan debt. In my case, I pay about $700 per month in student loan debt, which means about $15,000 of my pre-tax income goes just to that. Combine that with the three years postponement into the labor force (when most people are accruing seniority and watching their wages go up), and you can see how it isn't always the best financial decision.

Adam, I do labor and employment litigation for a well-known firm. If you ever have an issue, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'd even be happy to take you out to lunch sometime if you are interested.

Lets do it! 

We're always defending ourselves. We use Rutan and Tucker and Littler Mendelson mainly. 

Lets do it!

We're always defending ourselves. We use Rutan and Tucker and Littler Mendelson mainly.

I'll message you.

Those are both great firms, but their rates are probably much higher than my firm. But most big companies seemingly don't mind paying through the nose for legal services, which really blows my mind.

I'll message you.

Those are both great firms, but their rates are probably much higher than my firm. But most big companies seemingly don't mind paying through the nose for legal services, which really blows my mind.

Our bills are insane 

*update*

kashkari started running ads on tuesday showing a drowning child in a pool that he saves. he cites it as saving the children that gov. moonbeam has abandoned.

somehow, he has less than a million dollars in his campaign. i don't know who was in charge of his fundraising and planning his advertising, but i hope they never get another job in politics again (unless it's for a candidate i don't like).