• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you done?

martinpa25

I don't like dealing with stupid, illogical or unreasonable arguments.  It is a waste of time and energy.  That is my opinion.

I'd chacterise the "it's not our money" argument in exactly the same terms, which without a doubt is stupid, illogical and unreasonable. But that was posted again and again and again for God knows how long. I'm just saying your argument works both ways, but only gets applied to anyone who dares to be negative about anything.

I'd chacterise the "it's not our money" argument in exactly the same terms, which without a doubt is stupid, illogical and unreasonable. But that was posted again and again and again for God knows how long. I'm just saying your argument works both ways, but only gets applied to anyone who dares to be negative about anything.

I really don't get what you are saying.  There are more negative posts than positive posts on this site, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.  Look at the positive threads that are up right now, do you see the blowback in those?  Of course it works both ways, fairly. 

I really don't get what you are saying.  There are more negative posts than positive posts on this site, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.  Look at the positive threads that are up right now, do you see the blowback in those?  Of course it works both ways, fairly. 

I'm saying there are people who do exactly the same thing in reverse - post stupid things that are positive over and over again. And nobody gets butt-hurt over that. And many of us view dealing with those as a waste of time and energy. Yet it seems that only matters when it's someone saying something negative.

Are you kidding?  Of course people don't like it.  Just now you are expressing it.  The term butt-hurt is just stupid, a way of minimizing another point of view.  You see what you want to see. 

Count the posts OZ, count the threads.  You tell me which way this forum sways. Negative or positive?

Are you kidding?  Of course people don't like it.  Just now you are expressing it.  The term butt-hurt is just stupid, a way of minimizing another point of view.  You see what you want to see. 

Count the posts OZ, count the threads.  You tell me which way this forum sways. Negative or positive?

I never said anything about which way the forum sways. But your argument before was about finding illogical argument a waste of time and so on. That only ever seems to get applied to negative arguments, not entirely nonsensical positive ones (it's not our money, for example).

I think the internet is just inherently negative. You are behind a computer. You don't have to face anyone. You can express your opinions in as much of a hyperbolic manner as you would like. I think it's why you won't find too many AO's at the ballpark. It's always gonna be like that, everywhere you go, despite what some here would like to believe. Angelswin is no better or worse than anywhere else with this many users. And it's not just sports forums. It's band forums, political forums, tumblr. People use their keyboards as an outlet to vent their frustrations. Some may do it moreso than others and it can definitely get annoying, but we all have different personalities in real life, so it's natural that we all have different personalities here.

There's definitely a lot of annoying Rainman shit that goes on here, but whatever. The fanbase has grown so much over the last 10 years with a lot of younger fans who haven't really experienced the worst years of this organization. It's definitely an attitude shift that I'm sure a lot of the older fans aren't used to.

According to aw principles: the playoffs dont mean anything because only the luckiest team wins. And we shouldnt get mad about crappy free agent signings because its not our money and theres an unlimited amount to spend.

And if you dont agree with those, you arent a real fan.

Exaggerate much?  No one is suggesting to my knowledge that the "luckiest teams" wins it all.  At this stage a crap shoot means that all of the teams at this stage (the post season) have a chance to win, it depends on who can get the hottest in a five or seven game series and that is based on a whole variety of factors, not just skill.  I also have not heard anyone suggest that there is an unlimited Angel's budget on salary levels.  Of course there is a limit.  When players don't play to their potential there is a reason to get "mad" or "disappointed", no matter what they are paid.  Attaching performance to salary levels is crazy when we have 1) young player contract control levels, and 2} free agency after control ends mixed with owners who have lots of wealth.  Those two factors create salary inequities when compared to performance levels.  The owners would probably be fine with pay for performance, the players would hate it compared to what they have now.  I say that because veteran players think they should be compensated for the fact that they have been in the game longer and have a record of some accomplishment compared to young players who should put in their time and wait for a payoff. 

Edited by tomsred

I think the internet is just inherently negative. You are behind a computer. You don't have to face anyone. You can express your opinions in as much of a hyperbolic manner as you would like. I think it's why you won't find too many AO's at the ballpark. It's always gonna be like that, everywhere you go, despite what some here would like to believe. Angelswin is no better or worse than anywhere else with this many users. And it's not just sports forums. It's band forums, political forums, tumblr. People use their keyboards as an outlet to vent their frustrations. Some may do it moreso than others and it can definitely get annoying, but we all have different personalities in real life, so it's natural that we all have different personalities here.

There's definitely a lot of annoying Rainman shit that goes on here, but whatever. The fanbase has grown so much over the last 10 years with a lot of younger fans who haven't really experienced the worst years of this organization. It's definitely an attitude shift that I'm sure a lot of the older fans aren't used to.

Oh I totally agree and understand it.  Negativity makes bank because it is what people are drawn to.  The rain man stuff is annoying of course what drives me the battiest is stupidity.

I think the internet is just inherently negative. You are behind a computer. You don't have to face anyone. You can express your opinions in as much of a hyperbolic manner as you would like. I think it's why you won't find too many AO's at the ballpark. It's always gonna be like that, everywhere you go, despite what some here would like to believe.

The same applies to people on the street in their cars. They are anonymous in their metal cocoon. People pull crap while in their car on the road that they would never consider doing while pushing a shopping cart in the grocery store.

The same applies to people on the street in their cars. They are anonymous in their metal cocoon. People pull crap while in their car on the road that they would never consider doing while pushing a shopping cart in the grocery store.

Tell that to the old lady who cut me off in the bread aisle.

Moxie tastes like carbonated cough syrup.

It is widely believed that Moxie disappearaed as a major beverage company because Moxie doesn't taste as good as Coke or Pepsi.

Edited by ScottLux

This is true.

The irony is that while I vent on here, I am totally normal behind the wheel.

It pisses me off to no end to see the increased tailgaters on the road.

The difference is that while venting on here does not cause bodily injury, the stupid tailgating leads to many accidents.

The idiot that rear-ended me 2.5 months ago actually changed lanes into my lane maybe HALF a car length behind me while going some 60-70mph on the freeway.