• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you guys really think....

Torridd

Scioscia will not be fired. If the Dodgers dump Mattingly and ask for permission to talk to Scioscia, Arte would probably agree and ask for compensation. At that point I would be happy to see the Dodgers take him off our hands. With Dipoto searching for the next manager it would probably be someone from the DBacks. I will never forgive Scioscia for starting Wilson and Hamilton in game three. Should be an interesting next two months.

josh Hamilton shouldn't have played in Game 2 much less Game 3. I don't know whose decision it was to put him on the postseason roster (i doubt that it was 100% Scioscia) but it was a bad gamble that didn't pay off and honestly, i don't think it was fair to Josh. I don't feel sorry for him but they definitely weren't setting him up for success running him out there when he hadn't played in a month.

My whole problem with the "Fire Sosh" crowd is no give a viable replacement and all the threads and posts come across as making a trade for the asking of making a trade, not actually improving the team or providing any basis or data on how or why the team would improve or play better under different circumstances.

I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to explain to someone how a team over a large sample size was the best in its sport, but could improve with an integral part being changed. Or go a step further and how professionals that are elite in their positions suck and some how quantify how a new manager changes their at-bats this post season.

My whole problem with the "Fire Sosh" crowd is no give a viable replacement and all the threads and posts come across as making a trade for the asking of making a trade, not actually improving the team or providing any basis or data on how or why the team would improve or play better under different circumstances.

I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to explain to someone how a team over a large sample size was the best in its sport, but could improve with an integral part being changed. Or go a step further and how professionals that are elite in their positions suck and some how quantify how a new manager changes their at-bats this post season.

There have been dozens of MLB managers hired within the last 6 years. Off the top of my head we could promote Dino Ebel from within as an interim guy. Or if you want to go with managers who were recently fired from other teams to get a differnet voice, Ron Gardenhire is available.