• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Royals of destiny?

Torridd

There seems to be contention if the Royals steamrolled us or not, based on their momentum.

KC did what they had to do, but we didn't. If we hit, they lose. That's how I feel.

I want to know how many people feel they'll beat the Orioles.

I think they have no chance, but I admit I thought they had no chance against us.

Credit to the Royals, they didn't beat themselves when they played us but, with just a little execution on the Angels part, and the Royals are down 0-2 going back to KC.  Two extra inning games losing by less than runs - these are games the Angels excelled at during the season, especially at home.  Our biggest concern, the SP, turned out to be solid in both games and it was the league leading run scoring offense that came out flat instead.  The Royals weren't "lucky" but a fortunate set of circumstances worked out in their favor.

I don't think the Orioles wil be as forgiving.  They made short work of a really good, but flawed, DET team and there is nothing on KC that should really scare them beyond taking a deficit into the 7th inning.

I'm going to say Orioles in 6 as I think the Royals have enough momentum/defense/speed to grab a couple of games.

Credit to the Royals, they didn't beat themselves when they played us but, with just a little execution on the Angels part, and the Royals are down 0-2 going back to KC.  Two extra inning games losing by less than runs - these are games the Angels excelled at during the season, especially at home.  Our biggest concern, the SP, turned out to be solid in both games and it was the league leading run scoring offense that came out flat instead.  The Royals weren't "lucky" but a fortunate set of circumstances worked out in their favor.

I don't think the Orioles wil be as forgiving.  They made short work of a really good, but flawed, DET team and there is nothing on KC that should really scare them beyond taking a deficit into the 7th inning.

I'm going to say Orioles in 6 as I think the Royals have enough momentum/defense/speed to grab a couple of games.

Don't forget the Royals defensive plays.  You don't make those plays every game.

I won't say the Royals will go the WS but I do not believe they will be swept by any means.

Take away 1 or 2 ridiculous catches in the outfield, and the series in game 3 looks a lot different. We hit the ball quite a bit actually...a lot just didn't fall in for "hits" so we couldn't find any momentum.

Their defense made a lot of plays due to their speed that a lot of other teams wouldn't.

Oh, and the fact that even Billy Butler stole a base against effing Iannetta shows how weak we are at protecting the running game. They took advantage of that. After bbeing a catcher for so long you sure know how to pick 'em Skip.

You have to respect the way the Royals play defense and their solid bullpen. Advantage to the O's however I would not be in the least surprised if KC makes it past them.

I will be rooting for KC to make it they are a fun bunch to watch and would like to see a newer team make it to the World Series.