• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sometimes You Just Run Into a Buzzsaw

If any of the Angels brass believed he would be that successful he would have been starting already.

I don't for a minute believe that. They're certainly NOT going to start him over Kendrick.

However, we don't HAVE to trade Kendrick, so they're not going to trade him for less than what they perceive his value to be.

And Howie is not going to be traded just to open a spot for Green.

If they thought much of him they would have started him over Cron at DH.

Maybe.

And maybe that's why Beckham is here now. But it's speculation.

IMHO, I think Cron's early success as Ibanez' replacement is what garnered him so much playing time, even though his overall stats screamed Trumbo with less power.

I don't think Cron is the starting DH next year.

I agree there are flaws, but this was more a situation of the entire offense failing and less about a flaw. I get that we need to get guys that grind out at bats, but at what cost? We literally have three guys on the team that do that. We can trade Howie, but who knows if Green will be any better at working the count. Aybar is too good to move simply for a better approach. Nothing is happening with Josh or Albert. So we have to find a 3rd baseman and a DH that can also work the count.

Aybar is fine because of the value he provides defensively.  All we can really hope for is Hamilton to come back a different hitter, but hes always been a hacker and probably wont change now.  I dont know really what else can be done other than finding a legitimate DH.

Aybar is fine because of the value he provides defensively.  All we can really hope for is Hamilton to come back a different hitter, but hes always been a hacker and probably wont change now.  I dont know really what else can be done other than finding a legitimate DH.

If Hamilton is flailing away at pitches next year out of the cleanup spot, we're in big trouble. I really hope Scioscia doesn't mismanage April and May and put us in a hole. There needs to be accountability and these hitters need to step up right out of the gate. I don't care how much money they're making. If they don't produce and we're losing ballgames because of it, they sit.

The buzzsaw bunted in the first inning with their #3 hitter ... interesting.

It is widely known that the Royals win in spite of Yost, not because of him. Yost is regarded by most of the Royals fanbase the same way Sciosica is by about half of ours.

I wouldn't mind it if all we did for the offense is find a legitimate DH.

And replace them with players that will provide the same performance as underperforming stars without the upside. By the way, Scioscia "mismanaging" the first two months had zero to do with our playoff performance.

I was talking about him mismanaging the first two months NEXT year if he keeps a struggling Hamilton in the lineup and hitting cleanup. This is a hypothetical, but quite possible given Scioscia's track record.

I was talking about him mismanaging the first two months NEXT year if he keeps a struggling Hamilton in the lineup and hitting cleanup. This is a hypothetical, but quite possible given Scioscia's track record.

Despite your claims Sosh does not manage in a vacuum.  If Hamilton is with the Angels and in the lineup it will be with Dipoto's blessings. 

Besides, I think common sense says there is almost no chance he is cut or traded so it makes sense he be given every chance to turn it around and succeed.  Despite the groaning of impatient fans.

During these playoffs, the Royals are fun to watch because you expect them to find a way to win.

During these playoffs, the Angels were painful to watch because you expect them to find a way to lose.

Personally, I did not expect the Angels to find a way to lose. They had too many come-back wins for me to think that way. 

Royals kept that formula up against the Orioles

To be fair though, even the 2002 team basically played .500 baseball against the over .500 teams and destroyed the under .500 teams.

The difference? Our lack of hitting, the Royals ridiculous defense, and the total dominance of the Royals bullpen

Serious question: Why is it so hard to admit that the Angels were outplayed by a hotter team? Yes, we may have been the better team on paper, but, on the field, the Royals just sawed us in half. Even if our bats were struggling, they still made the pitches, the outs, and flat out beat us. If we had done the same thing to the Royals, we'd be bragging about steamrolling them--even if their bats fell flat. Why can't we admit the same? I think setting a new record for consecutive playoff wins says that they are a buzzsaw going through teams right now.

Three reasons why people won't admit that Dave:

1- The Royals "suck" or they are "garbage"

2- It's always Scioscia's fault

3- Despite the 8 wins in a row they argue what buzzsaw means

I don't think that is quite fair.  I think that some feel it is a way of excusing the fact that they played poorly in those games (save pitching in games 1 & 2).