• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When was an Angel as universally disliked as Hamilton?

Oz27

What pisses people off about Josh is simply the potential that's there, and how much he takes it for granted. He doesn't work at his craft. Imagine David Eckstein with Josh Hamilton's talent.

I don't think this at all.  The potential was all used up about three years ago.  He's just running on gas and vapors.

I dislike CJ more than Josh.

"Hi I'm CJ Wilson, your favorite lefty pitcher. Come to CJ Wilson Mazda! I am Zoom Zoom"

Edited by ScottLux

Von Hayes. What a bum.

I didn't dislike Guillen as much . He was a real intense player . It killed us when he was suspended before the playoffs.

Even though it was ironic that we went 7-2 down the stretch after the suspension to rally from 3 games back to win the AL West, the lineup definitely missed his presence against the Red Sux in the ALDS.

This notion that Josh takes his abilities for granted is just dumb. I get that he is public enemy number one and I don't really like defending him, but I also think people grasp for straws when a player isn't performing. You know another player that got called out for not hustling and going through the motions, Robinson Cano. Imagine if Eckstein had Cano's ability.

Robinson Cano .314 / 14hrs / 82rbi's / .836ops is expensive but he didn't blow a tire in his first season with Seattle. Not Yankee numbers but respectable 2B numbers with an All Star appearance. He played 157 games with no issues.

Robinson Cano .314 / 14hrs / 82rbi's / .836ops is expensive but he didn't blow a tire in his first season with Seattle. Not Yankee numbers but respectable 2B numbers with an All Star appearance. He played 157 games with no issues.

That's exactly my point Claude. We question his effort because of the results. Cano takes plays off and jogs to first, something Eckstein would never do, but since he put up good numbers we don't question his effort.

I wonder if there are quotes from Josh's ex-team mates calling him out for his effort or questioning his desire.

I can find lot of quotes from fans of Josh's ex-team. Does that count?

The issue I have with this org is how many big money players became absolute busts here in the past 7 years.

GMJHGH, Wells, Roger Dorn Hackilton, and even to a certain extent Pujols and Nibs

Someone in this org is not doing their due diligence?

AO.... Really? This is the first I've heard of your issue.  ;)

I find it hilarious that everyone piles on Hamilton for going 0 for the Series and Trout only went 1 for the series. Why is that?

The whole team shut down!!

Unlike Hamilton Trout is being paid less than $24.1M/year average annual value. He also had a HR and a few walks. Josh had an OPS of 0.

I find it hilarious that everyone piles on Hamilton for going 0 for the Series and Trout only went 1 for the series. Why is that?

Because Trout has produced for the Angels in the past, and we are pretty sure he'll produce for the Angels again.

Hamilton has never done dick for the Angels, and is an ass to boot. 

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Trout had a .267 obp.  The whole Royals team had a .275 obp

Trout had a .333 slugging percentage.  Anemic, I understand.  But the whole Royals team had a .349 slugging percentage.  Not a lot of difference.

If we could have gotten at least SOMETHING from that fetid stinkhole in the seventh slot, perhaps the team could have scraped together a win or two.  Then who knows??

But instead, we got .000/.000/.000 and a GIDP.

I like how it's become as politically incorrect to question Hamilton's effort here now as it was to question GA's.

I don't make judgement over Hamilton's effort or lack thereof, I'll never really know. So I focus on his overall sucking.

But if you ever were going to question a player's effort, he's certainly a strong candidate.

Josh still has the ability. Look at his start this year, which came after Baylor told us he was going to have a huge year. I was really looking forward to a .300 year with 30 homers and 100 RBIs, minimum, from Josh.

What he doesn't have is that moxie/desire/call it what you want that special players have. Any fool can go up there and swing at balls four inches out of the strike zone. High, low, inside, outside, he's not picky. He's not interested in the mental battles it takes to avoid prolonged slumps in this game. He lays down his sword, so to speak.

When you sign with a team for 25 million a year, the fans there have every right to expect someone who cares enough to learn where the strike zone is, to study opposing pitchers and what their tendencies are, to do what other players are doing to get better. But Josh is phoning it in. Complaining about poison in his body? Really? Like every other player in the league hasn't done the same thing at some time in their career?  

Trout also lost a fly ball in the lights in game 1. Angels win if he makes the catch or gets to the ball quick enough to allow a single. Instead it turned into a double.

The fury at him and desire to get him off the team seems pretty close to unanimous and it's hard to remember a time where there's been that feeling to such an extent. I'm not sure Wells ever got there - plenty of people always talked about what a good guy he supposedly was and so on. In the past decade or so, has any Angel been so disliked? Hell, has it ever happened?

People need to remember that there is no reason to dislike him PERSONALLY.  You may dislike his performance for our team, but has he kicked your dog?  We need to not make it so personal.