• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When was an Angel as universally disliked as Hamilton?

Oz27

Hamilton was my least favorite MLB player before he got here and nothing has changed.

He signs the contract then immediately shows up skinny as hell from some absurd "juice" diet. The next season in the ninth game he slides headfirst into 1st base with some faux hustle and then vows to do it again? That, combined with his "blindfolded kid trying to hit a pinata" at-bats has me completely out of patience with his BS.

CJ is ineffective but at least he cared enough to pitch through pain in 2012 with bone spurs in his elbow. He pitched well in '13 and early '14 before being ridden onto the ground (led MLB in pitches thrown) earlier in the year. I wouldn't be shocked if he's been pitching through some injury again.

Disar was my previous "least favorite"  but at least he never stole his contract.

I like Hamilton, I like how he has rebuilt his life, and I like his dedication to his family and the fact that he isn't a douche like CJ Wilson...

....that being said, I don't like anything about his play over the last couple of years, and I would like him benched, DFA'd, released, or traded.

I don't dislike Hamilton.  I think he has been, and to some degree still is, a great athlete.  I hope he has a great finish to his contract.  I am reminded of Torii Hunter, he didn't start out his Angel career very well either, but he did come on much stronger in the end.  We are not going to just release him (we can't keep discarding contracts with zero return), nor do I think they can effectively trade him.  The team signed a five year commitment with him, I would hope he finds a way to return to his former glory.

I certainly like him less and less when I see quotes like this...

''We won a lot of ballgames, but in the playoffs, the slate is wiped clean,'' Hamilton said. ''I don't think we played poorly.''

Really, Josh?!  If you don't want to admit that the team and you, personally, had an absolutely dreadful playoff series, then don't say anything at all...you're just making it worse.

I don't dislike Hamilton. I think he has been, and to some degree still is, a great athlete. I hope he has a great finish to his contract. I am reminded of Torii Hunter, he didn't start out his Angel career very well either, but he did come on much stronger in the end. We are not going to just release him (we can't keep discarding contracts with zero return), nor do I think they can effectively trade him. The team signed a five year commitment with him, I would hope he finds a way to return to his former glory.

how dare you compare him to Torii. He was never, ever as bad as Hamilton and he was the heart of this team for 5 years

I understand pulling for his recovery story, but let's not give him too much credit for the things he's trying to overcome in his personal life. These are all things he did to himself. He was an incredibly gifted human being who (almost) completely squandered his gift with a total lack of self-control. This isn't a kid who was stricken by cancer or something.