• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

C.J. Wilson to the pen?

shellback

CJ will be given ST of next season to figure things out. His issues are mental, nothing else. He still has the stuff to succeed. There really is no middle ground, he's either a #2 SP or he's toast.

The issue that Butcher, Dipoto and more specifically Scioscia have with Wilson is his unwillingness to attack hitters. He out thinks himself, and considers his point of view on his pitching to be better than everyone else because he knows himself better than anyone.

This was something that was tolerated and even supported by the staff, because he was successful. Until this year. From what I've been told, even though he was struggling, he wasn't as open to coaching as the organization had hoped he would be.

This is what led to Scioscia's mistrust. Scioscia felt that if CJ was unwilling to listen, he'd better be right, there was no time for him to try and fix it.

We will see what next year brings, but I know that Scioscia, Butch and Dipoto have all discussed a possible move to the pen. They felt it would be a temporary move and would be beneficial for CJ because it would force him to attack hitters.

As far as a permanent shift to the pen. I see it happening, but it's not the plan right now.