• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

C.J. Wilson to the pen?

shellback

I suggested this a few times over the past few days, even before his crappy start yesterday. 

Rasmus to the rotation, Wilson to the pen. 

Go with Weaver, Shoemaker, Richards, FA Sign or Trade, Rasmus and Santiago as your 5th guy. 

For me Wilson is the exact kind of guy you don't want in the pen.  He walks too many batters and he's not really a strike out guy anymore.  He's either a starter or you find a way of getting rid of him.

I like Thomas' idea.  Congrats CJ, now you can grow that beard you've always wanted to.

rarely effective for more than one or two innings even as a starter-

Actually, it's kind of the opposite...if he gets through the 1st/2nd innings, he's usually ok for 5 or 6, maybe even 7....that's not the profile for a relief pitcher, as others have said in this thread....

CJ is possibly tradeable. That is we probably don't have to eat THAT much money to move him (still several million, but no more than half of the remaining $31mil). We could hold onto him for half a season in an audition to move him, but obviously the flipside is he becomes almost impossible to move if he keeps this up.

I don't hate the idea of moving him to the 'pen, especially since we probably have five better starters even while Skaggs is out (Richards, Weaver, Shoemaker, Santiago and Rasmus) and we should be hunting for another one in the offseason. But the walks and falling behind would get extremely tiresome when we have a lead late in a game, wouldn't they?

Step 1. Set up an elaborate rouse where we make him think he was traded to Oakland.

Step 2. Enjoy the Cy Young success.

The Angels let the starting pitchers pick the uniform variant they wear on days they start... I think you see where I'm going here.