• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton first half: .295 .373 .449 .822

ABC

because that's what he's been over his past 1000+ PAs.

he's not going to suddenly snap out of it and be above average again. He has huge flaws in his game and its been exposed.

Did you watch the games before the head first slide or read the thread title? Of course you did but you're still going to make silly statements. 

Did you watch the games before the head first slide or read the thread title? Of course you did but you're still going to make silly statements.

yup.

he didn't hit a home run at the big A in those games either, and his batting average was inflated with an unsustainable BABIP. As we saw in the second half, he can crashing back to earth like many predicted.

2010-2012 josh Hamilton is gone, hate to break it to you. Only silly statement here is yours.

Those first half numbers are skewed by his ridiculous production from the first games. How about since coming back from injury? 81 games, .248/.310/.386.

All that said, assuming that there's something wrong that can at least be partially fixed, I wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back a bit and hits .270/.330/.470 with 25 HR. Not great, and not worth the contract, but at least not a hole in the lineup. Do I think that's likely? No. At best, 50-50.

Those first half numbers are skewed by his ridiculous production from the first games. How about since coming back from injury? 81 games, .248/.310/.386.

All that said, assuming that there's something wrong that can at least be partially fixed, I wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back a bit and hits .270/.330/.470 with 25 HR. Not great, and not worth the contract, but at least not a hole in the lineup. Do I think that's likely? No. At best, 50-50.

There is zero chance Hamilton does even that over the course of a full season.

Good thing is, we get to look forward to plenty of articles in March about how his poor 2014 was all related to a thumb injury that never fully healed, how he is in the best shape of his life, etc.

I seen others allude to this, but something must not be right with him either emotionally, something on the homefront, or he's just disinterested in baseball altogether. Obviously, I don't know anything and I'm speculating here, but something's not right with the guy.  If you can find the guy that used to have a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong, maybe we'll get that version of Josh back again.  But mentally/emotionally, it doesn't look like he's all there, and I really hope he finds himself over the offseason.

Why do you say mentally/emotionally he's not there? What do you feel he should do? How should he act?