• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let's talk about the Catcher Position

Butcher'd

Let's start with Iannetta: Very solid season. Definitely worth every penny of his paycheck this year. More than solid offensively, below average defensively. I wish they'd DH him next season and bring in a real catcher that can handle the position (Russel Martin is awesome but also will be pricey)

Conger: Awful awful awful offensively. I think his time in the Angels organization is up.  Defense is average all things considered. Yeah, he frames pitches pretty good, but his arm is shit.

Problem is all the backup FA catchers are pretty horrible. I really wonder though if Conger even has a future with the club past this season. Really disappointing offensive results from his

There are a couple interesting options in the free agent catching market. Rather than risk a lengthy ban I will simply post a list of all the free agent catchers and all you all to read between the lines:

Catchers

John Buck (34)
Ryan Doumit (34)
Nick Hundley (31) – $5MM club option
Gerald Laird (35)
Russell Martin (32)
Jeff Mathis (32) – $1.5MM club option
Wil Nieves (36)
A.J. Pierzynski (38)
David Ross (38)
Geovany Soto (32)