• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's welcome is long overdue, and Rasmus should have started in stead of CJ.

giftofgab

Scioscia is too stubborn and too "old school."  

His moves just make no sense anymore.  The Hamilton + Cron line up was atrocious.  How many at bats did either of them get all year? 

Rasmus is the better pitcher than CJ right now, and it's clear he should have started.  Just because CJ is a "starter" doesn't give him the right to start a crucial game.  Scioscia really screwed up there.  

If he didn't get fired after 2013 he's not getting fired after winning 98 games and taking a team that had a battered starting rotation and slumps from every major hitter to the postseason .

I like Scioscia and rarely jump on the firing bandwagon but I will say that sticking with Hamilton was terrible - yes every one not named Calhoun or Aybar sucked this series hitting wise but Hamilton looked completely lost at the plate and it was obvious from game 1 - also why Cron for 3 games - I like his power but I dont see why he got 3 starts - regardless of that Scioscia is not getting fired nor should he

Edited by vlad27

15 years is a long time to be in one place.

10-22 in the post-season since 2004, despite having excellent regular seasons in those years, makes it more than just a crap shoot type thing.

Really? You crunch the numbers on that?

How is Scioscia to blame for Albert and Trout going 2-24?

Why is nobody commending him for his choice in starters the first two games?

Because we lost. And it's all "What have you done for me lately?"

Hilarious. 

Edited by laagamer

The Royals were not going to be denied. Amazing catches in the outfield, timely hitting and great pitching on the Royals side has nothing to do with Sosh. Besides, you don't fire a manager that will probably win Manager of the Year.

I think Buck will get manager of the year.

Getting 98 wins this season was unthinkable considering some of our losses in the pitching department.

I have no problem with letting Soch go or keeping him.

Like I said, losing over 2/3 of 32 post-season games over the past 11 years is not exactly a small sample.

This is just the culmination of that.

lol, just last week you were giving Sosh props.  You flip flop more than sandals at the beach. 

Edited by mtangelsfan

Fire Sosh because Richards and Skaggs suffered season ending injuries. Smart.

For starting Hamilton all series

For starting CJ

For bunting with Calhoun

Far as I am concerned game 1 and 3 loses are on Scioscia.  He completely bungled the management of those games.

He is over matched managing in the playoffs.  That should be very apparent by the way he changed strategy in game 1, away from what worked all season.  Also by the fact that he didn't manage with any urgency -- starting Hamilton, bunting players over in front of him, and starting CJ.

It isn't the regular season, you don't start guys to get them at bats.  So glad Hamilton got to have his rehab assignment on our playoff roster.

For starting CJ

For bunting with Calhoun

Far as I am concerned game 1 and 3 loses are on Scioscia.  He completely bungled the management of those games.

He is over matched managing in the playoffs.  That should be very apparent by the way he changed strategy in game 1, away from what worked all season.  Also by the fact that he didn't manage with any urgency -- starting Hamilton, bunting players over in front of him, and starting CJ.

It isn't the regular season, you don't start guys to get them at bats.  So glad Hamilton got to have his rehab assignment on our playoff roster.

Perfect summary of this disaster. No sense of urgency, and then mismanaging during the game.

But if we get anything close to decent production at the plate from Trout/Pujols/Kendrick we're probably still in this series.

For starting CJ

For bunting with Calhoun

It isn't the regular season, you don't start guys to get them at bats.  So glad Hamilton got to have his rehab assignment on our playoff roster

Hate the Hindsight 20/20 crowd, because you guys are always right!!

How about the fact that the Royals made some amazing circus catches? I think that had more weight on the outcome of game 1. Game 2 could have gone either way. We just did not get clutch hitting from anyone except one from Pujols. Game 3, we just got a good old fashioned butt kicking, pretty simple.

"Fire Sosh because Richards and Skaggs suffered season ending injuries. Smart."

I kept thinking about how different this would have been if Richards started game two and Shoemaker started game three. Then I conclude that not much would be different since the hitters didn't show up.

if that happened we would have a game tonight but be down 2-1

Pulling CJ after 2/3rd of an inning showed no urgency?

For those thinking Navarro would have been a better choice over Hamilton, we will never know. But going with another inexperienced bat who wasn't lighting the world on fire down the stretch would have been a questionable decision too.

You armchair managers want to go with inexperienced rookies in the playoffs. I don't fault Sosh for going with experience. CJ had pitched well in 2 of his last 3 starts. Santiago and Rasmus had never made a playoff start. In a do or die game, I'm going with experience over a rookie.

If the season hung on the shoulders of Rasmus then the team deserves to be done. The only chance the Angels had to go deep in the playoffs (and really it wasn't nearly enough) was for Wilson and Hamilton to miraculously live up to their potential. They didn't. Probably didn't matter in the short series with so many other guys not contributing. Can't do much right now besides move on.

You armchair managers want to go with inexperienced rookies in the playoffs. I don't fault Sosh for going with experience. CJ had pitched well in 2 of his last 3 starts. Santiago and Rasmus had never made a playoff start. In a do or die game, I'm going with experience over a rookie.

I'm not completely on board the Scioscia hate train like some are but I have to say... Experience may give you some idea of what you might get. CJ has been horrible in his postseason career... I would have started Rasmus, then Santiago, then Wilson... I also would have pulled Wilson after the 4 pitch walk to Billy Butler. But you're right, we are speaking in hindsight from our armchairs. It's not the same.