• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team impressed me over the long haul

Chuck

It was a great regular season. Best record in Baseball. Are you kidding me? Our playoff series performance was most disappointing. Attended the two home games and leaving the stadium Friday night in shock. How could our offense perform so badly at home? When I woke up Saturday morning the first thing that came to mind was that dam Hosmer 11th inning home run off Jepson. Saturday I was tired and depressed knowing what most likely was to come. By Sunday I was o.k. with whatever happened.

Put that parade on hold till next year. We can and will learn from this experience. Our future looks bright.

Ending the season with a loss, whether its being swept in the ALDS or game 7 of the WS sucks and is a disappointment.  I think people who look at the successes of the season get misunderstood as being "satisfied" with just a division championship.  What WS champions or bust people don't understand that you can't discount the 162 games that got you there just because you stumble.   

Going into the playoffs I felt it would be difficult for the Angels to advance.  I had doubt about Shoemaker being able to pitch effectively and I knew Weaver could lost in a low scoring game.  And of course CJ in game three.  However, I never thought in my wildest dreams we would be swept.  So the ending is a major disappointment.

However, I am proud of the Angels for the 2014 season.  They played way over their heads and despite the disappointment, they had a great season.  Now its time to debate 2015.

Where would he play? We're really stacked throughout the entire lineup.

As you saw with Cron's flailing and the absurd amount of playing time given to Navarro late in the year, we're short a hitter. Could be a DH, a 1B/DH platoon with Pujols or an OF who rotates with Calhoun and Hamilton (vomits) to spend time in the corners and at DH.

Basically what Ibanez was this year, without being shit.