• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Was still a good season gang

Now that the season is over it is really going to be up to the individual fan on how they view it.  

I view it very positively as a whole.  I am disappointed with how it ended of course and wish the team played at least average for them in this series. 

That doesn't mean there aren't things that can't be better about the team going forward.  

There is only one good way to finish the season, and only one team gets to do that.

We have had quite a few different playoff performances where we didn't win the whole thing and none of them felt any better than any other.  

They had a nice year to get to the playoffs.  Then they left their chin wide open, got knocked to the ground and curled up into the fetal position until someone threw in the towel.  Sometimes you lose with dignity and sometimes you don't, but a loss is a loss.  At least they got a chance to stand in the ring for however brief a time.  

All you can hope for is a chance to do it again next year.  And the year after that.  And the year after that.  

Nice effort gents.  See you next year. 

I don't know. They were 22-23 vs the teams that made the playoffs and 41-43 vs teams over 500. Beating up on the under 500 teams is great to help make the playoffs and get HFA but if you don't do anything in the playoffs then it's kind off pointless.

I suppose that was the main gain over last year. In 2013 we lost to those teams. When everyone else was loading up against the Astros, we were under .500 against them.

This is giving me Atlanta flashbacks. Going into the post-season with high expectations and getting - nothing. At least in the Braves' case I could identify a cause (John Schuerholz's obsession with glove men left them with no bats on the bench, and Bobby Cox's obsession with veteran closers left the wrong guys in at the end of games who got shelled). I am really having a hard time figuring out how a team who led baseball in runs scored could just suddenly stop scoring runs. The Royals' pitching is good, but I didn't see the second coming of Cy Young out there. All I need to complete the nightmare is for Baltimore to tee off on the Royals' pitching staff and club them out of the playoffs.

Good call Captain Obvious.  Everyone is playing for the playoffs.  So the whole point of the season is the playoffs, and what you do in them.  The angels never showed up.  That's not a good season.  

Sorry Captain Oblivious but it was a great season, lead all of baseball in wins. The Post Season was a failure.

I knew putting up that AL West Champions banner asap was extremely bad juju. Goes to show that the organization only cares about being division champs and that's about it.

12 years and counting now. It's time for a change.

You fly it the moment you win it dunderhead! Believe me KC is flying theirs. I guess all they cared about was being the Wild Card Champs or the ALDS Champs and then maybe the AL Champs and heaven forbid they fly those flags proudly when their fans show up for the World Series.

Auuuuugh this fan base is so damn unbelievable. Quit making up bullshit in your head, the Angels wanted to be in the World Series not watching it at home.

You fly it the moment you win it dunderhead! Believe me KC is flying theirs. I guess all they cared about was being the Wild Card Champs or the ALDS Champs and then maybe the AL Champs and heaven forbid they fly those flags proudly when their fans show up for the World Series.

Auuuuugh this fan base is so damn unbelievable. Quit making up bullshit in your head, the Angels wanted to be in the World Series not watching it at home.

Believe whatever you want. It was bad luck and I tend to be superstitious about it. And fyi, every fan base is like this. Don't have a heart attack now.