• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Report: Apple iPad event coming Oct. 16

Redondo

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they talk more about HomeKit. I'm glad Apple seems to be taking a more hands on approach to home automation. They've been involved for a while with companies such as Savant and Control4 but the price point keeps many people out of the market.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aarontilley/2014/09/08/why-this-smart-device-maker-chose-apple-over-google-in-the-smart-home/

Yeah I'm curious as we'l.

I've got Lutron RadioRA 2 setup at my place and it's badass, but pricey.

RadioRA 2 is so much better than the original. Lutron HomeWorks is sick too but even more pricey and not really worth it IMO.

It's cool setting up scenes and timing the lights. Do you use the Lutron app at all?

I accusing haven't used it at all yet. ;)

I'm doing a gut remodel on my 1908 Victorian penthouse in the city, so they are still installing things.

The motorized shutters come next which will hook into the RadioRA 2 so I'm pretty stoked for that.

But I have yet to actually play with it all.

It's just a bunch if expensive, yet cool sounding stuff at this point. ;)

I accusing haven't used it at all yet. ;)

I'm doing a gut remodel on my 1908 Victorian penthouse in the city, so they are still installing things.

The motorized shutters come next which will hook into the RadioRA 2 so I'm pretty stoked for that.

But I have yet to actually play with it all.

It's just a bunch if expensive, yet cool sounding stuff at this point. ;)

Motorized shutters will cost you a pretty penny but the results are awesome. Once they're set to adjust at certain times of the day you'll save some cash trying to keep your apt. cool. I'm sure once Apple gets the HomeKit system going a simple adapter will be all it takes to get your Lutron system connected to it.

Motorized shutters will cost you a pretty penny but the results are awesome. Once they're set to adjust at certain times of the day you'll save some cash trying to keep your apt. cool. I'm sure once Apple gets the HomeKit system going a simple adapter will be all it takes to get your Lutron system connected to it.

Yeah the shutters are pricey as hell. But I'm stoked!

I'm just gonna do the master suite for now.

I got the idea from suites in Vegas - I LOVE how you can set the blackout curtains to open up and wake you up at a specific time.

Go to bed hammered at 5am.

Curtains open at 9am to let the sun in and wake you up.

Room service shows up at 9:15 w hangover medicine food and breakfast booze.

Hit the pool cabana by 10:30.

Rinse and repeat.

Do you use the RadioRA 2 app?

Do you use the RadioRA 2 app?

I was a project manager for an AV company in a former life and we always used Savant to control the Lutron products. It's kind of silly that I never dabbled with the Lutron app when it probably has a decent interface.

Are you going to be telling the AV/Electrical company that you want them to program everything or are you going to have a more hands on approach?

Edited by Lawrence

I was a project manager for an AV company in a former life and we always used Savant to control the Lutron products. It's kind of silly that I never dabbled with the Lutron app when it probably has a decent interface.

Are you going to be telling the AV/Electrical company that you want them to program everything or are you going to have a more hands on approach?

I'm gonna do it myself - that's the fun part!

Should be a blast though.

The company does crazy stuff - Disney executive's houses, Pixar studios, etc.

The owner is a family friend so he's just going crazy tricking out my place since it's a gut remodel and all the walls are open.

I can't wait until it's finished and I can start playing around.

The owner is a family friend so he's just going crazy tricking out my place since it's a gut remodel and all the walls are open.

That is the perfect scenario! Don't be afraid to over-wire the house a little since the walls are open (cat5/cat6/etc.) The future is wireless but the technology isn't quite there yet for all the devices. Don't forget, once the drywall is up it's a pain to add anything extra. Good luck and enjoy playing with your new toys!

That is the perfect scenario! Don't be afraid to over-wire the house a little since the walls are open (cat5/cat6/etc.) The future is wireless but the technology isn't quite there yet for all the devices. Don't forget, once the drywall is up it's a pain to add anything extra. Good luck and enjoy playing with your new toys!

Yep!

That's exactly what we're doing; and I'm a blatant technophile so I said go for it. I want all of it.

It's so fun. Doing all new power and wiring/lights/outlets, cat6 to every room, speakers in every room (Sonos), LED lighting, can lights, lights specifically for art/sculptures, strobe lights for fire, directed reading lights on the ceiling in bedrooms controlled by remote/app, motorized shades, wall mounted TVs for rooms/office, in-wall AV cabinet w/rack (because f*ck looking at wires and components), central closet w home run of all power/networking/audio gear, LED lights for kitchen/bathroom cabs, heated floors, security cameras, controlled HVAC, outdoor lighting/speakers for roof deck, etc.

Like you said, they are doing my entire place and adding it all now before sheetrock so I won't need to do anything later (granted I'm sure ill come up with *something* to add later). ;)

I'm stoked!

First time doing this so having a blast and learning a ton (mostly by getting out of the way and watching).

Now if only I could figure out how to get my harmony remote to not suck ass...

Edited by mrwicked

• 1 year later...