• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATED: Sosh now 10-22 postseason record after 2002

Section517

I would like to see if anyone can tell us all about the post season records of former Angels managers

Collins

Lachemann

Rogers

Rader

Rojas

Mauch

McNamara

Fregosi

Williams

Winkles

Rice

Phillips

Rigney

Oh, I forgot, most of you weren't Angels fans before Scioscia was the manager.

I would like to see if anyone can tell us all about the post season records of former Angels managers

Collins

Lachemann

Rogers

Rader

Rojas

Mauch

McNamara

Fregosi

Williams

Winkles

Rice

Phillips

Rigney

Using that argument, Lasorda should still be managing the Doyyers today.

Dusty Bakker should still be with the Giants .

the angels have continually failed in the playoffs since 02, and perhaps only 09 was a respectable run, considering the talent we have developed and talent that we have bought. 

the angels lose in the same way in every playoff run - terribly poor offensive showings and boneheaded mistakes, highlighted by the use of strategies rarely ever utilized during the regular season.

If the same types of mistakes and poor play are responsible for early or disappointing exits almost every time, but the players and rosters have changed over the years, you got to start looking at the constants and wondering about their effect on the various teams' performances. 

We are not talking about those teams.

How many of those ex-Angels managers had the pleasure of getting in as a wild card ?

Mauch had 2 division wins in 6 years on a tough division.

Gene Mauch did not have a great pen . In fact, they were horrid and he milked them as good as he could.

How many years has Sosh been here ?

How may of those teams struggled to get to .500?

Mauch managed the Angels to two losing seasons of five.

He was notorious for making stupid in game decisions, primarily with the pitching staff in the post season.

He also skipped seasons as the Angels manager, kind of picking and choosing when he thought the team was worth managing and leaving it to McNamara to take the heat, then losing to him in the 1986 playoffs.

Yay Mauch?

Mauchs legacy, he managed to lose the 1982 playoffs to the Milwaulkie Brewers in a best of 5 after taking the first two games of the series losing three games in a row.

He lost to the Red Sox in 1986 after taking a commanding 3-1 in a best of 7 series losing three games in a row.

Edited by Eric Notti

Mauchs legacy, he managed to lose the 1982 playoffs to the Milwaulkie Brewers in a best of 5 after taking the first two games of the series losing three games in a row.

He lost to the Red Sox in 1986 after taking a commanding 3-1 in a best of 7 series losing three games in a row.

He didn't get swept by a wild card team.

If he managed for 20 years and had the pen, he'd have won it .

Tommy John said the 82 team was the best team he played with but the pen was not good .

The reason Mauch got fired was because he completely lost the team after the 86 season.  I used to rehab a broken wrist with one of the Angels' former trainers, he told me stories of that 87 season about how the players just disrespected Mauch continually.

He didn't get fired though . He retired.

If the players did completely disrespect him, then his time was up.

Kinda like Davey Johnson.

How may of those teams struggled to get to .500?

Mauch managed the Angels to two losing seasons of five.

He was notorious for making stupid in game decisions, primarily with the pitching staff in the post season.

He also skipped seasons as the Angels manager, kind of picking and choosing when he thought the team was worth managing and leaving it to McNamara to take the heat, then losing to him in the 1986 playoffs.

Yay Mauch?

Gary Lucas didn't do his job when he came in to face Gedman and hit him on his first pitch. Mauch had made the right decision there to remove a tiring Mike Witt. Gedman already had three hits against him that day. And bringing in Moore to face Henderson was the right move also.

It wasn't Mauch's fault that we lost that game.

Gary Lucas didn't do his job when he came in to face Gedman and hit him on his first pitch. Mauch had made the right decision there to remove a tiring Mike Witt. Gedman already had three hits against him that day. And bringing in Moore to face Henderson was the right move also.

It wasn't . Gedman's average against Lucas was horrid . Mauch played the percentages . Moore had a bad elbow and we did not trade for a closer .

In two series , Mauch was two games under .500.

Sosh ? With the highest payroll in the division ????

In a 3-division league ????

He didn't get swept by a wild card team.

If he managed for 20 years and had the pen, he'd have won it .

Tommy John said the 82 team was the best team he played with but the pen was not good .

I thought we were talking about records in the post season?

How many of those ex-Angels managers had the pleasure of getting in as a wild card ?

Mauch had 2 division wins in 6 years on a tough division.

Gene Mauch did not have a great pen . In fact, they were horrid and he milked them as good as he could.

How many years has Sosh been here ?

The Angels had a cast of hall of fame players on their roster and all other team complained Autry was trying to buy a championship.

Fact is March took superior teams into the playoffs and choked in historic fashion. I think the Brewers series was the first time a team has a two game lead in a best if five and lost.

in 1982 Gene Mauch's Angels were the highest payroll team in baseball.

In 1986 the Angels were the 3rd highest payroll in the American League.

Your embarrassing yourself Joey.

Edited by Eric Notti

He could have left Witt in for the win. He overreacted.

The Angels had a cast of hall of fame players on their roster and all other team complained Autry was trying to buy a championship.

Fact is March took superior teams into the playoffs and choked in historic fashion. I think the Brewers series was the first time a team has a two game lead in a best if five and lost.

in 1982 Gene Mauch's Angels were the highest payroll team in baseball.

In 1986 the Angels were the 3rd highest payroll in the American League.

Your embarrassing yourself Joey.

He was 2 games under .500.

Sosh ?

Against wild card teams ?

So if Mike takes the blame for losing to Wild Card teams, then he must be REALLY good guiding a shitty Wild Card team to the championship!

Advantage Scioscia

2 division wins, zero AL title.

4 divisions wins, zero AL title . Soon to be 5 ?

Mauch did not have the opportunity to take a wild card team to the playoffs OR 3 division league.

10-21 since 2002.

Edited by joeywings

2 division wins, zero AL title.

4 divisions wins, zero AL title . Soon to be 5 ?

Mauch did not have the opportunity to take a wild card team to the playoffs OR 3 division league.

10-21 since 2002.

But you are the one trying to discredit Scioscia for losing to a wild card team. So if losing to a WC team is sooo bad, then winning as a WC team must be sooo good, right?

Fregosi 1-3 I believe.

Williams over all record must be good because of four world titles I believe. And the Angels did nothing to hurt his record.

Collins

Lachemann

Rogers

Rader

Rojas

Mauch

McNamara

Fregosi

Williams

Winkles

Rice

Phillips

Rigney

Wasn't one of those hits a HR