• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATED: Sosh now 10-22 postseason record after 2002

Section517

4 out of of the 5 early exits the team that beat us went on to win the World Series. There is no shame in that. Yes, nothing short of a Championship is acceptable however this is much more on the players than the manager.

Haters gonna hate.

This board is getting out of control. We had the best record in baseball, lost our ace, and have lost two extra inning games and the torches are being lit.

I don't think people would have been so mad if we were losing these games 5-4. They'd be mad at the loss, sure, but we've scored 3 runs in 22 innings. Who gives a crap who the best team in baseball is if you can't score runs when it matters.

Edited by Chimi

LOL

2002 = the past, history, move one

2004= RELEVANT DATA!

I think 2004 is relevant because it's the beginning of the Moreno era, whereas 2002 was not. 

We went from no-name mediocre players 2000-2003, to top tier free agents thanks to Moreno -- and there's virtually nothing to show for it.  The win/loss percentage since 2002 should at least be similar to 2002, but it's nowhere close, even with much better players on the roster.

I think 2004 is relevant because it's the beginning of the Moreno era, whereas 2002 was not. 

We went from no-name mediocre players 2000-2003, to top tier free agents thanks to Moreno -- and there's virtually nothing to show for it.  The win/loss percentage since 2002 should at least be similar to 2002, but it's nowhere close, even with much better players on the roster.

Virtually nothing.......except winning the AL West 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2014. 

Virtually nothing.......except winning the AL West 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2014. 

Winning the AL West is the least we should expect considering how much Moreno spends on payroll.  It's flat out embarrassing the way Moreno spent $140 million in 2011 and 2012 and we couldn't even win the division much less advance to the playoffs. 

2002 was 12 seasons ago.

time to move on.

Yet here you are posting about the past.

Some people tend to live in the past.  More power to you.

I see a trend of early exits from the postseason with an occasional ALCS appearance.  

Scioscia is the Bobby Cox of the AL.  Actually, he's not even that good.  The Braves at least made the playoffs every year for over a decade.

And here your entire thread is about the same thing.

Stupidity seems to run rampant when we underachieve.

This is the mos the asinine thread of the decade:

Scioscia must suck because he lost four games to the eventual World.Champions Boston Red Sox 2004 and 2007, Chicago white Sox 2005, and New York Yankees 2009. That's right they lost to the eventual champions five out of six play offs. But I guess he ducks because he couldn't beat the teams that no one beat in the playoffs.

Edited by stormngt

This is the mos the asinine thread of the decade:

Scioscia must suck because he lost four games to the eventual World.Champions Boston Red Sox 2004 and 2007, Chicago white Sox 2005, and New York Yankees 2009. That's right they lost to the eventual champions five out of six play offs. But I guess he ducks because he couldn't beat the teams that no one beat in the playoffs.

Yes, he absolutely ducks. 

I wonder when enough will finally be enough for some of you scioscia apologists. Being content with winning the division but failing in the post is embarrassing.

The whole point of winning your division is to excel as best as possible during the postseason. 

If we were to compare the Angels' track record to raising children, the Scioscia apologists would be perfectly happy with their sons and daughters getting D's and F's on their final exams despite A's and B's during the regular semester.  That makes absolutely no sense to me. 

Any one who saysnot winning a WS a failure knows little about sports m. Yes the ultimate goal is to win it all but only one team does that. You don't define success as winning it all. If you do everyone but one is failure.

If winning the division is good enough for you, then he's doing a great job.

But there comes a point when you need to think, can this guy get us over the hump? Now I'm not on the fire Scioscia bandwagon. But it's becoming evident he doesn't have his teams ready to play once the postseason gets here. And like I've said before, it's not a personnel problem. It's not the players on the field who just happen to suck when the postseason starts. Because the teams have all been different over the past 10 years with different pitching staffs, different position players, but the same result.

I had a bad feeling once the Angels clinched the division Scioscia was going to allow them to go into cruise mode and just take a break until the postseason. Why? Because it's happened so many times in the past. And it's happening again now. Since clinching the division, the Angels are 3-9. But at least they are well rested, right?

Stupid analogy. Let's put it more realistic.

raising my children to be A's and B's students is successful. It's not a failure if my son doesn't get admitted into Harvard

The whole point of winning your division is to excel as best as possible during the postseason.

If we were to compare the Angels' track record to raising children, the Scioscia apologists would be perfectly happy with their sons and daughters getting D's and F's on their final exams despite A's and B's during the regular semester. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Some people tend to live in the past.  More power to you.

I see a trend of early exits from the postseason with an occasional ALCS appearance.  

Scioscia is the Bobby Cox of the AL.  Actually, he's not even that good.  The Braves at least made the playoffs every year for over a decade.

So if we aren't living in the past wouldn't we just be talking about Sosh being 0-2 after a 98 win season?

good lord people are just dumb.