• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton's debut at the Big A

You guys do realize that this idiot missed games last year and blamed it on drinking energy drinks, right?  Then there was the time he was struggling and he blamed it on stopping his tobacco use because God told him to.  ... He's a great player.  There's no doubt.  All I'm saying is that all this garbage that comes along with the guy just gets old. 

If you actually read what I said, I said it appeared that way.  And I was basing it on what we saw on the field from him.  Jesus Christ, I just got on here to add something as to why Hamilton is hated so much here now.  How is that embarrassing myself? 

I have a hard time believing he quit in the middle of a pennant race. We've heard this same argument all weekend here and I see no merit in it. 

A .943 OPS in August and .948 OPS in September clearly show that he wasn't quitting on the team. Give me a break. 

What do you think would happen if, say, Mike Trout signed with the Doyers as soon as he hit free agency, then talked about always wanting to play for an LA Baseball team with rich history etc?

I am certainly not going to spend my time on their message board bashing him. I would like to think if he plays the rest of his time in an Angel uniform as well as lats year, leads us to multiple World Series appearances and then goes somwhere else, I would give him a nice ovation when he came up to bat for the first time and then be done with it.

Hamilton said Ranger fans were great. He also said Dallas was a football town. Even Hank Hill would agree with that.

Hey guys.  Rangers fan here.  I don't mean to butt in on your conversation, but I just wanted to add something to this.  To be honest, I don't care about Hamilton's comments regarding this not being a baseball town.  And I don't care that he left.  Hell, I wanted him gone.  I don't like that he's an Angel now but oh well.  My issue with Josh is that he completely quit on this team last season.  Completely mailed it in and there's no excuse for it.  I lost every ounce of respect that I had for the guy when he did that.  That's my biggest issue with the guy.

The truth is, Ranger fans quit on him. You were in the middle of a Playoff run and you are booing your franchise player.

Hamilton put his foot in his mouth, saying what he did about Texas/Arlington not being a baseball town... He's human, just like most of us.  We make mistakes and speak before thinking sometimes.  I've been a huge fan of his since the beginning; not only for his massive baseball talent, but because of the person he strives to be.  He sometimes comes-up short, but acknowledges his slips and keeps moving forward.

I've been boo'd before too; it usually stems from some kind of success you've had against a particular team...just like how some of the hypocrites in here are probly the same ones who boo Pierzynski when he comes to town.  

I'm rooting for Josh as always; he'll be just fine.  I don't think his start will be as bad as Pujols last season.

Motion to delete every single "anti-ex-Ranger-player" post that ends up on this site, dirtying up our threads. 

These douchebags don't belong here, getting their thoughts read, talking crap on our guys.

We've heard every single stupid "hate excuse" before. It's a broken record. 

They need to know they don't belong here. 

I am not sure how what I said supports your thoughts, maybe I am reading it wrong. If so, you are welcome.

"The Angels haven't really had a big franchise player who is the face of their team in a long time."- I named three that have basically spanned from the mid 90's to today.

"Their MO for over a decade has been to buy established FA who don't stay around all that long." The only established FA that might fit that bill and also be considered a face of the franchise player is/was Hunter. Something tells me we won't boo him every chance we get, nor do I think we will spend days on Tigerswin.com  bashing him.

Now if what you are saying is the Angels have not had a face of the franchise player leave for another team (excluding, maybe Hunter), then I totally agree with you. It probably sucks for Rangers fans to have the face of their franchise leave. This is why they are bitter and doing all they can to hate on Hamilton.

It's like in high school when your girl dumps you so you spend the rest of the year bad mouthing her. It's lame, and childish, but I suppose makes you feel better. I guess it makes Rangers fans feel better too, but you have to admit, it makes them look pretty silly (almost as silly as Hamilton has looked at the plate so far. Almost)

Except they were booing him in June.

Remember all the Angels fans that got super pissed at Lackey signing with the Red Sox and making vaguely snide comments about the Angels fan base after he left?  Good times.

But oh yeah, Texas fans suck!  

I got an email from the Angels yesterday regarding buying tickets for opening night. I thought "Hey, maybe I will take my son and cheer wildly for my favorite 2 and 4 team." Then I saw tickets were $35-220.

Sorry fellas, I will be cheering from the couch. Even sitting in the cheap seats, with food and parking, I would be in for over $100 for two people to see a game. That is just crazy.