• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton's debut at the Big A

Remember all the Angels fans that got super pissed at Lackey signing with the Red Sox and making vaguely snide comments about the Angels fan base after he left?  Good times.

But oh yeah, Texas fans suck!  

Or the amount of venom we spewed at Mo Vaughn?

Hey guys.  Rangers fan here.  I don't mean to butt in on your conversation, but I just wanted to add something to this.  To be honest, I don't care about Hamilton's comments regarding this not being a baseball town.  And I don't care that he left.  Hell, I wanted him gone.  I don't like that he's an Angel now but oh well.  My issue with Josh is that he completely quit on this team last season.  Completely mailed it in and there's no excuse for it.  I lost every ounce of respect that I had for the guy when he did that.  That's my biggest issue with the guy.

First half of 2012: .308/.380/.635 with 27 HR's.... if that is Josh quitting and mailing it in, he can quit and throw a postage stamp on it any day of the week for my Angels, thanks.

First half of 2012: .308/.380/.635 with 27 HR's.... if that is Josh quitting and mailing it in, he can quit and throw a postage stamp on it any day of the week for my Angels, thanks.

Yeah, now go look at his numbers after May.  I'm not referring to what he did early in the season.  I'm well aware of the numbers he put up in April and May.

Yeah, now go look at his numbers after May.  I'm not referring to what he did early in the season.  I'm well aware of the numbers he put up in April and May.

Yes but your statement from your first post stated quite clearly "he completely quit on this team last season." Those words have no shades of grey in them. You made it quite clear that Hamilton didn't put in any effort in 2012 and I disagreed with you and used simple stats to prove it.

Oh and by the way that slash line was through July 8th (pre-All Star Break). Josh may have slumped after that but the numbers he put up before that would be the wet dreams of a majority of MLB players. To say that he quit on the Rangers is pure garbage coming from some butt-hurt fans.

Hamilton was an instrumental piece in your lineup since 2008 and he deserves at least a modicum of respect from the Texas fanbase. He proved himself there and hopefully he will continue to prove himself in Anaheim. Players can't always be at peak performance and your "what has he done for me lately?" attitude is enormously ungrateful for the two near-pennants he helped take you too.

.810 OPS from June through October. 22 HR, 71 RBI (led the team).

Nelly Cruz from June through October? .795 OPS, 17 HR, 56 RBI

Ian Kinsler from June through October? .719 OPS, 13 HR, 49 RBI

In fact, the only player to have more HR than Hamilton during that stretch was Beltre. It's called a slump.