• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia Press Conference

Chimi

Amazes me, the things you guys choose to bitch about.  Talk about mass halucinations.  That was NOT an easy throw; he was NOT out by 5 feet -- It was absolutely the right move in that situation.  You guys bitch when he bunts, you bitch when they swing away.  It sucks that we play our hearts out for 162 games, then get knocked out by a wild card team.  But we've BEEN that wild card team - KC is loose, performing at a high level, and executing defensively.  Angels are not.  They might be the better team over a season, but they are not the better team over this week.

Yeah it was a bad decision. Any mlb CF with an average arm makes that throw easily.

it wasn't an "incredible" play. It was a base running blunder.

It wasn't even a great throw. The ball HOPPED to the left side of third base and the 3rd baseman had to catch from that side and sweep to his right .

I love the pure haters in this thread that think he should rip Cowgill a new one in the media.

I don't think the bulk of fans want Scioscia to rip Cowgil in a press conference.  I sure don't. However, there are a lot of things that can be said that fall between ripping cowgil and applauding him for getting thrown out on a routine outfield assist.  Maybe, "Sometimes aggressive baseball creates mistakes.  This was quite an very aggressive play that just didn't work out for us."  

That was not a bad play at all, Gore and Dyson would easily beat that throw, but we have no speed guys off the bench. It did take a strike from cf. why didn't ms keep campona on the roster is beyond me

It really wasn't a strike.  The throw was from shallow CF and the player had to reach off the bag and stretch to get it before he turned to make the tag.  Also, the point that the fastest players in baseball could have made it safe may exhibit even more that Cowgil was way too aggressive.

Cowgill was probably trying to make something happen because he got snubbed by his manager for a dude who's lost and hadn't played in a month

like someone last night said, it was a desperation play. And it failed massively. The crowd was super pumped after that cron double, the team probably was feeling good. And then, of course, another back breaking angels playoff blunder

I like the idea. Definetely needed to get to 3rd base with less than 2 outs there but there are other ways to do it other than that. The bunt with someone that knows how to bunt would have been a safer bet.

Conger was AVAILABLE.

Iannetta hasn't thrown out  anybody .

How much worse is Conger at the plate ?

Lets do a recap then.

The CF made the catch on the run and had to set to throw.

he double clutched the ball before he released

the throw shorthopped and was on the wrong side of the base.

and cowgill still got thrown out by 5 feet.

and some of you liked the attempt?

This. Even with the bad throw he was out by a good distance. A good throw would have really exposed the bad decision.

Lets do a recap then.

The CF made the catch on the run and had to set to throw.

he double clutched the ball before he released

the throw shorthopped and was on the wrong side of the base.

and cowgill still got thrown out by 5 feet.

and some of you liked the attempt?

NBC Sports blames too many pitchers on the roster:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/04/angels-flawed-postseason-roster-costs-them-in-game-2-loss/