• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

**** this

Brandon

Stop with the Sosh has no balls bullshit. It makes you seem less intelligent than you are. Oh and Sosh's balls have zero to do with how awful our regulars have been. If his name wasn't Trout and his name was, say, Bourjos, you all would be begging to start Cowgill over him.

How about this again?

He has NO BALLS TO BENCH Hambone .

" He had a great batting session." MY FREAKIN EYE.

Stop with the Sosh has no balls bullshit. It makes you seem less intelligent than you are. Oh and Sosh's balls have zero to do with how awful our regulars have been. If his name wasn't Trout and his name was, say, Bourjos, you all would be begging to start Cowgill over him.

And you're not very smart in comparing benching Trout for Cowgil to benching Hambone for Cowgil.

With Trout, you still have an upswing .

With Hambone ? Hah! EVERYONE SAW IT COMING .

And you're not very smart in comparing benching Trout for Cowgil to benching Hambone for Cowgil.

With Trout, you still have an upswing .

With Hambone ? Hah! EVERYONE SAW IT COMING .

You're the one saying he has no balls if he won't sit players who aren't performing. Well we only have 5 bench players so he can't sit them all. Should he sit Hamilton? Of course. Even if he does this offense has been so bad it probably wouldn't matter. The middle of the order has, what one hit? That's not going to get it done no matter who the manager is.

You're the one saying he has no balls if he won't sit players who aren't performing. Well we only have 5 bench players so he can't sit them all. Should he sit Hamilton? Of course. Even if he does this offense has been so bad it probably wouldn't matter. The middle of the order has, what one hit? That's not going to get it done no matter who the manager is.

BS.

BOTH GAMES were winnable . We did not get blown out in either out until the 11th inning today.

The Royals offense has been horrid the last two games too . You gotta give their pitchers some credit. but this is not APRIL where you let a guy coming back from weeks on inactivity to find his swing .

Sosh has no balls in telling Hambone, he's sitting tonight after his awful AB's yesterday.

Whether he has balls or not isn't the main problem IMO. It's part of the problem. He just overmanages and makes the wrong decisions too often. Playing Hamilton is something that I do really wonder about though. The catering to veterans is not new with Sosh. We saw it with Wells, GMJR, Abreu, Finley, etc.

That is something that does make me question his courage and ability to say enough is enough and give a young guy a chance. I think he lets his loyalty get the best of him far too often. 

In the playoffs you just can't have that crap. You need the best 9 guys out there. I look at other teams lineups, and there are no automatic outs like Hamilton is right now. Watched the Giants play today, and man, 1-8 (pitcher bats) those guys are not easy outs. Everyone's a threat to have an 8 pitch at bat ending in a basehit. Putting a guy as bad as Hamilton is in the lineup at this point in the season is basically waving the white flag

That's another thing that has gone missing.  I mean it seems we have the hitters to do it (Calhoun, Trout, Pujols, Aybar, and Iannetta), but they all seem to forget how to protect the plate most of the time.  Either too many caught looking or just swinging at a pitcher's pitch.  Frustrating as hell.

Bottom line is, this team came out unprepared for such a big moment.  Everyone seemingly waiting for someone esle to get the party started rather than taking matters into their own hands and working a count or two.

Professionals that can't get themselves prepared to compete are a ****ing joke. Get upset at Mike for playing Josh or a bunt call here and there. Outside of that this performance is a joke.

from 2004 to now, scioscia has had about 3 completely different rosters to work with. Barring a few long term players like Kendrick, Guerrero, lackey, and aybar.

each one of those teams has sucked dick in the postseason. So there's nearly 75 different professionals that had no clue how to prepare? No, its deeper than that.

Hey Stradling, I don't mean to gang up on you, but there's something about you I don't understand.

In one of the threads from tonight, you said you didn't care if Mike Scioscia got fired (or something to that effect) even going so far to agree with some of the criticism.  What's puzzling is when you turn around and find ways to outright defend Scioscia, or deflect any criticism directed toward him.

I feel like we're discussing things with Stradling, Stradling's other personality, or somebody else completely, because your position on things seems to be all over the place. 

My point is he is receiving too much of the blame, and the only reason he deserves to be let go is to get a new voice in the clubhouse. Scioscia isn't the reason all the regulars are playing horribly, but he is the reason our number seven hitter is in the line up.

So you blame Scioscia for Trout, Albert, Howie, Aybar all taking shits offensively at the same time?

You don't get it, do you? It's not all Sosh's fault - not one person has said that. The bunting and Hamilton playing has absolutely contributed to two close losses though. People aren't even frustrated about just this series. This is a lot of frustration about the last decade coming out at once as we get outplayed by a meh team. At some point you can't brush failure in the playoffs off as a fluke. Folks here lay into the A's about their inability to get it done, but this team is the same way. They have 1 more series win than the A's in 10 years. They've increased payroll steadily throughout Scioscia's tenure - there really isn't much of an excuse for that kind of sustained failure in the playoffs. 

So yeah the players have taken a huge dump in the playoffs this year, but they've been doing it for 10 years now and the roster is completely different than it was in 2004. That doesn't make you wonder at all about the manager?

You don't get it, do you? It's not all Sosh's fault - not one person has said that. The bunting and Hamilton playing has absolutely contributed to two close losses though. People aren't even frustrated about just this series. This is a lot of frustration about the last decade coming out at once as we get outplayed by a meh team. At some point you can't brush failure in the playoffs off as a fluke. Folks here lay into the A's about their inability to get it done, but this team is the same way. They have 1 more series win than the A's in 10 years. They've increased payroll steadily throughout Scioscia's tenure - there really isn't much of an excuse for that kind of sustained failure in the playoffs. 

So yeah the players have taken a huge dump in the playoffs this year, but they've been doing it for 10 years now and the roster is completely different than it was in 2004. That doesn't make you wonder at all about the manager?

Well, he's on the only common denominator in those 10 years outside of Moreno. Hell, we even changed team's name .

He's going to manage worse next year if we get in the playoffs again. MORE PANIC AND PRESSURE ON HIS PART while pinning his hope on a has been.

My point is he is receiving too much of the blame, and the only reason he deserves to be let go is to get a new voice in the clubhouse. Scioscia isn't the reason all the regulars are playing horribly, but he is the reason our number seven hitter is in the line up.

But even then you're very selective about what blame he deserves.  And it's not just the 2014 season many of us are talking about.  There are many things over his tenure that are worthy of criticism at one time or another. 

I feel like you're trying to appease people from both camps by acknowledging his faults, then arguing with those same people about why they are wrong.  All of which makes no sense to me. 

So you blame Scioscia for Trout, Albert, Howie, Aybar all taking shits offensively at the same time?

it's a pattern. You're missing the big picture. Something occurring three times or more is a trend. We're on iteration 6 of the current trend.

and it's more than just the middle of the order. The defense sucked. The base running sucked. The bullpen sucked. The roster decisions sucked. The in game management was counterproductive to say the least.

it was an organizational loss.

If you aren't joking, than you are a f*cking idiot. When you learn baseball, maybe you should come back.

I think he's trying to say Ianetta should have been pinch hit for and laid down the sac bunt, Cowgill on 3rd with 1 out sounds a lot better than no one on 2 outs. 

Edited by SoCALkid

I think he's trying to say Ianetta should have been pinch hit for and laid down the sac bunt, Cowgill on 3rd with 1 out sounds a lot better than no one on 2 outs.

Or actually have a speedy pinch-runner on the bench, this team had NO speed on the bench outside of Cowgill who should have been starting anyway!

Scioscia set up this roster, AND managed this October, like a man who is experiencing burnout after 15 years. No fresh ideas!

Edited by Angel Oracle

What sucks is that we have been seeing this ever since they won it all, especially the offense just completely sucking ass

2-20 with runners on base these 2 games. Just awful with how this team never shows up on the big stage. Hard to believe they played like this at HOME

This.

How can you not show up for a playoff game in your own stadium? Ugh