• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dump Hamilton Now.

CaliAngel

Please do.  He just needs to retire.  He's done.  His body is breaking down from all the abuse in his younger years.  He is just robbing us now.  So good to finally be free of the Vernon Wells contract and now we are even more buried by this miserable one.  The Blanking Angels are so stupid!  Oh and a fading Pujols too!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

In other words, he's the fat Elvis ?

Hamilton hasn't played well since April. His approach at the plate has been awful all year. He missed the last month + of the regular season. And there are clearly some deeper issues at play here.

He shouldn't have been playing, period. He was set up to fail. And that's on Scioscia.

Edited by Angels

As much as Hackilton has totally messed up at the plate in his 2 years here, the onus is also on Scioscia for playing him.

He should have said no go and planned his roster a little differently. Campana should have been on that roster instead of Hackilton.

This looked like a stale franchise the past two games!

What are you guys talking about? Didn't you listen to Roger Lodge Friday afternoon?

Josh Hamilton was out taking batting practice with Don Baylor from 2:45 to about 3:30. He was launching balls half way up the rock pile! Near the Budweiser Patio! 

Roger Lodge was giving us a batting practice play by play! Hamilton was putting in the work! Don Baylor was standing out there (No other player was out there....at 3:00...in 102 degree heat...so that tells you something).

Then some guy calls and told Lodge that Hamilton will still go 0-5...Lodge said that Hamilton is dedicated....he's cranking out balls...blah...blah...blah.

JOSH HAMILTON...All-League Batting Practice Player... :blink:

The whole things sucks. He is such a nice and genuine person. My boy got to take the field with him earlier this year, and Josh actually took the time to speak with him instead of just signing the ball and sending him away. Then he corresponded to the letter my boy sent him afterward. It sucks he's dealling with demons, and honestly I put this playoff situation on Scioscia more than Josh. There is no reason he should be in the lineup after not playing for so long. Timing takes a while to get together, and you don't take that chance in the playoffs. He should not be on the ALDS roster and instead should have been taking live pitching the whole time and possibly joined in the ALCS. Stupid managerial decision and even worse to keep trotting him out each inning. Not fair to Josh, the team or the fans. Even worse, is tonight the fans booed him mercilessly, as many here wanted. That poisonous vibe is not something you need when you are trying to wake up a team. Even the obnoxious bandwagon Royals fans (dude still had the price tag on his shirt until I told him) were flabbergasted when we were booing our own player. Like I said, it sucks all around, if he hadn't jacked up his hand at the beginning of the season who knows what we'd be saying, really felt like he had turned things around. Giant turd sandwich, and we are all swallowing it whole.

this.  he needs a manager that puts him in a position to succeed.  that position is unconditional release. he should have never been on the playoff roster.

What are you guys talking about? Didn't you listen to Roger Lodge Friday afternoon?

Josh Hamilton was out taking batting practice with Don Baylor from 2:45 to about 3:30. He was launching balls half way up the rock pile! Near the Budweiser Patio!

Roger Lodge was giving us a batting practice play by play! Hamilton was putting in the work! Don Baylor was standing out there (No other player was out there....at 3:00...in 102 degree heat...so that tells you something).

Then some guy calls and told Lodge that Hamilton will still go 0-5...Lodge said that Hamilton is dedicated....he's cranking out balls...blah...blah...blah.

JOSH HAMILTON...All-League Batting Practice Player... :blink:

They don't call him Dodger Lodge for nothing.

Guy is a buffoon.

Hackilton, except for the one admittedly clutch HR in the 2011 WS, will always be known for batting practice like settings, like the 2008 HR Derby.

They don't call him Dodger Lodge for nothing.

Guy is a buffoon.

Hackilton, except for the one admittedly clutch HR in the 2011 WS, will always be known for batting practice like settings, like the 2008 HR Derby.

He's the voice of KLAA 830! "714 Tickets! 714 Tickets!"

Complete Homer....makes Geoff Biggs look like Dick Enberg!

well, not a fan of Hamilton this series (or ever really -- don't think anyone on AW.com liked his signing the day it was announced and things certainly haven't gotten any better since).

but I don't blame Hamilton for all of this (even if his attitude seems really poor).

I blame Scioscia for putting him on the playoff roster for the ALDS and then putting him the starting line up.

Halos offense did just fine during September WITHOUT Hamilton and was clicking on all cylinders......why mess that up?

so I would have kept Hamilton off the ALDS roster and had him do some extended work outs and simulated game ABs during that time (of the ALDS).

I certainly would not have put him in the line up if he were on the playoff roster.

Hamilton's ABs looked even worse than some of his ABs during his lowest (biggest slump times) moments during the regular season and those were pretty bad.

He looks just awful at the plate -- like he's sleep walking through his ABs and through these games..........it's terrible.

and then, of ALL people, to get called out on it by GARY SHEFFIELD???

that's like GARRETT ANDERSON ripping an outfielder for not sprinting all out to catch a fly ball..................