• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The consummate teammate... Josh Hamilton

Chuck

This guy is fighting his demons. He let go of his accountability partner and you just never know what his private life is like. It all appears like he doesn't care but maybe in his current frame of mind he doesn't have the ability to care. I really think that he is lost and should pack it in for this post season and reevaluate his future as a MLB player. It's not fair to the team, fans or Arte to see him play like this.

I don't think Hamilton is happy here. And I he is, he doesn't show it. I'm not sure what it is but he never really looks like he's into it. Not like he did when he was on Texas. He looks lifeless every time you see him in the dug out or at the plate.

I don't know if he's happy or not but I know RAngers fans were complaining about his attitude/demeanor, so I don't think much has changed from his Texas days tbh. Maybe earlier in his Texas days he was different, but in 2012 they were relentless with their bashing of him and his behavior.

I wonder how many players on the team he's actually friends with? Just seems like the dude is doing his own thing and the team is off doing it's own thing and having fun

If he goes 0-4 tonight and we lose, this place will erupt.

If the team loses this place will erupt, Hamilton stinking up the joint will just be one of the many things to bitch about. LEt's be honest...the guy has been largely irrelevant to this team and it's success all season. If they need Hamilton to come up big for them then they are screwed. I don't expect anything from Hamilton at all. Need the other guys to step up and carry them like they've done all year

Freese did his part, but Trout/Pujols/Kendrick were awful

If they need Hamilton to come up big for them then they are screwed.

What the Angels really needed a couple times last night is someone to come up and just do the minimum. No need for a home run or a double off the wall from the number 7 hitter. A walk, a single, even just a good at bat that moves a runner would be helpful. Hamilton is unable to provide the minimum.

Maybe Arte has learned his lesson now about some FAs just not being worth it?

Hackilton will make even Pujols' contract looked reasonable in the long run.

That's how big of a joke the Hackilton signing was.   The signs were already there in 2012: the epic two month mid-season slump and the meltdown the last week of the season culminating in lolly gagging after the misjudged popup in back of him.   

Not to mention the many injuries, no doubt coming due to a broken down body, that had already afflicted him in Texas.

Oh, and....Rondons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hackilton.

Edited by Angel Oracle

What the Angels really needed a couple times last night is someone to come up and just do the minimum. No need for a home run or a double off the wall from the number 7 hitter. A walk, a single, even just a good at bat that moves a runner would be helpful. Hamilton is unable to provide the minimum.

Yes, but that is Scioscia's fault!

Maybe Arte has learned his lesson now about some FAs just not being worth it?

Hackilton will make even Pujols' contract looked reasonable in the long run.

That's how big of a joke the Hackilton signing was.   The signs were already there in 2012: the epic two month mid-season slump and the meltdown the last week of the season culminating in lolly gagging after the misjudged popup in back of him.   

You were a proponent of signing Hamilton two years ago.

You were a proponent of signing Hamilton two years ago.

Early on in 2012, yes; but once the 2 month meltdown and the last week of 2012 meltdown were complete, I changed my tune.

Feel free Lou to find the FA signing thread.    Because I don't remember being pro-Hackilton when the actual signing took place.

It was the same reaction as with Pujols, all of that money for someone who had struggled the previous season more so than they ever had.

Did I think they would do better than they have?    Yes, even I sure didn't see this collapse by both coming.

Hackilton's numbers might as well be Brandon Wood's.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

Well, Arte doesn't have the luxury to change his tune to the direction the wind is blowing. His lessons cost him millions, you don't have to learn any because it costs nothing to post BUY THIS GUY! and then two months later post ARTE IS AN IDIOT FOR BUYING THAT GUY!

You're not the only guy doing this but you have a flair that none other have.

:P

Edited by Eric Notti

Well, Arte doesn't have the luxury to change his tune to the direction the wind is blowing. His lessons cost him millions, you don't have to learn any because it costs nothing to post BUY THIS GUY! and then two months later post ARTE IS AN IDIOT FOR BUYING THAT GUY!

You're not the only guy doing this but you have a flair that none other have.

:P

i have no idea what AO said at the time, but you misread his previous post. he's saying he changed his tune before the FA signing. i have no opinion on that otherwise.