• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We Shoulda Lit Up Darvish

I thought you were questioning my second remark. I just don't see Anaheim as much of a baseball town ... therefore, almost any other place ranks above it.

In the other thread about an opening day sellout, I commented how so many people in Orange County are totally clueless about baseball. Some think Tim Salmon is still on the team. Some have no idea how the playoffs work and they think winning the AL West or advancing to the ALCS is as worthy as winning the World Series. And lots of people have no clue who Albert Pujols or Josh Hamilton are.

Anaheim/Orange County has too much competition: Dodgers, Ducks, Lakers, Clippers, Disneyland, Knotts, the beach, etc.

Seriously? I don't what Angels Baseball organization you are referring to, but it's not the one that plays in Anaheim.

Some context? Like the 3.92 road ERA (a pretty good way of debunking the whole "he'd be awesome if he didn't pitch in Texas" argument)? That fantastic 4.2 BB/9? I really thought baseball was past the point where you needed to go to great lengths to prove a pitcher like Darvish isn't 'really good'. I guess not.

I really don't want to find myself disagreeing with an Angels fan and supporting a Rangers player but I just don't agree here.

221 strikeouts and a sub 4 ERA in your rookie year is definitely really good. I think he'll be a Cy Young contender this year. 

I thought you were questioning my second remark. I just don't see Anaheim as much of a baseball town ... therefore, almost any other place ranks above it.

In the other thread about an opening day sellout, I commented how so many people in Orange County are totally clueless about baseball. Some think Tim Salmon is still on the team. Some have no idea how the playoffs work and they think winning the AL West or advancing to the ALCS is as worthy as winning the World Series. And lots of people have no clue who Albert Pujols or Josh Hamilton are.

Anaheim/Orange County has too much competition: Dodgers, Ducks, Lakers, Clippers, Disneyland, Knotts, the beach, etc.

One of the dumbest posts I have ever read on Angelswin. Truly idiotic

Some context? Like the 3.92 road ERA (a pretty good way of debunking the whole "he'd be awesome if he didn't pitch in Texas" argument)? That fantastic 4.2 BB/9? I really thought baseball was past the point where you needed to go to great lengths to prove a pitcher like Darvish isn't 'really good'. I guess not.

Did you forget about that 2.02 ERA in his last 10 starts dating back to last year? What about that fip of 3.21 and a xfip of 3.52?

To be fair, DFW/Arlington is more of a baseball town than Anaheim/Orange County.

Here, it's just another attraction comparable to a night at the movies, a day at Disneyland, or a day at the beach.

...and thats why since 2003 (with the exception of last year), the Angels have averaged about a MILLION more fans per year than the Rangers right? Get your facts straight kid. 

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/2000-09attendance.htm

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/2010presentattendance.htm

Hard to call a fan base that has been top 3 in the AL in attendance the past decade weak or worse than the Rangers fan base. I'll agree that there are some annoying fans who don't know anything and sit on their phones the whole game but every fan base will have that. 

To tell you the truth Darvish has more potential than Kershaw and Strasburg call me crazy or whatever. But he has the best stuff in the game in my opinion.

Have you watched a full Strasburg start? He absolutely has the best stuff in the game. And that guy named Verlander who has a 98 mph fastball, best curve in the game and a filthy change up with his impeccable control isn't bad himself. 

...and thats why since 2003 (with the exception of last year), the Angels have averaged about a MILLION more fans per year than the Rangers right? Get your facts straight kid. 

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/2000-09attendance.htm

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/2010presentattendance.htm

1.  I'm not a kid.

2.  You do realize that Moreno's background is in marketing and advertising, correct?  He has found ways to bring people to the ballpark who wouldn't otherwise attend baseball games. 

Going back to my previous remark, I don't think signing Pujols and Hamilton matters all that much to ticket sales because a huge segment of the fan attendance doesn't know (or care) who they are. 

Have you watched a full Strasburg start? He absolutely has the best stuff in the game. And that guy named Verlander who has a 98 mph fastball, best curve in the game and a filthy change up with his impeccable control isn't bad himself.

Yes i have watched strasburg hes amazing i watch alot of his games. I just say that cause what other guy do you know who throws a bunch of junk like darvish plus a fastball thats 94-97? You see guys have 2-3 great pitches but darvish has atleast 6 of them.

I thought you were questioning my second remark.  I just don't see Anaheim as much of a baseball town ... therefore, almost any other place ranks above it. 

In the other thread about an opening day sellout, I commented how so many people in Orange County are totally clueless about baseball.  Some think Tim Salmon is still on the team.  Some have no idea how the playoffs work and they think winning the AL West or advancing to the ALCS is as worthy as winning the World Series.  And lots of people have no clue who Albert Pujols or Josh Hamilton are. 

Anaheim/Orange County has too much competition:  Dodgers, Ducks, Lakers, Clippers, Disneyland, Knotts, the beach, etc. 

Not everyone in town is a baseball fan but those remarks you made do not represent the majority or even close. I don't know who the hell you talk to in OC to base your comments on but it's pretty funny that you are trying to paint that picture of the Angels fanbase. 

Yes i have watched strasburg hes amazing i watch alot of his games. I just say that cause what other guy do you know who throws a bunch of junk like darvish plus a fastball thats 94-97? You see guys have 2-3 great pitches but darvish has atleast 6 of them.

Well yeah, he has more pitches but Strasburg has 4 great pitches that he commands extremely well. Same for Verlander, Kershaw, Price, etc. I think Darvish is great but he's not really close to that company yet. 

1.  I'm not a kid.

2.  You do realize that Moreno's background is in marketing and advertising, correct?  He has found ways to bring people to the ballpark who wouldn't otherwise attend baseball games. 

Going back to my previous remark, I don't think signing Pujols and Hamilton matters all that much to ticket sales because a huge segment of the fan attendance doesn't know (or care) who they are. 

You realize that the Angels were selling tickets at a very good clip before Arte owned the team right? 

Let me settle this for everyone.

Darvish is really good.  The fact that the halos couldn't capitalize today is painful

Anaheim is more of a baseball town than DFW. To argue that DFW is not a football town is disingenuous at best.  Granted, they seem to support their team when they are winning as do most towns with a baseball team, but the cowboys reign supreme. 

Hard to call a fan base that has been top 3 in the AL in attendance the past decade weak or worse than the Rangers fan base. I'll agree that there are some annoying fans who don't know anything and sit on their phones the whole game but every fan base will have that. 

A's fans don't have that... Just the duders who show up.  Not a lot, but none of them are on their phone their whole

Well yeah, he has more pitches but Strasburg has 4 great pitches that he commands extremely well. Same for Verlander, Kershaw, Price, etc. I think Darvish is great but he's not really close to that company yet.

Not saying hes better than any of them right now. but i think he has the most potential out of all of them.

1.  I'm not a kid.

What?

Pujols was a huge boost to ticket sales.  Everyone knows and cares. 

Are you saying that if a fan is less knowledgeable about their team then their support counts less?  So the nine year old that attends a game in Socal counts less than a drunk bostonian?

You realize that the Angels were selling tickets at a very good clip before Arte owned the team right? 

Are you sure? Maybe it depends on what you consider a good clip. Other than the World Series run in '02, I don't remember a 2M season going back quite a ways pre-Arte.