• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is it 2012 or 2013?

I think the most comforting thing for Angel fans to know is that three of the losses were 1-run games.  Those are 50-50 in nature and the Angels are really more like a 3-3 team based on their schedule and differential. 

Angels will not continue being horrible in RISP and their last six games actually bolds well for the Angels, not the other way around. 

I know I always take more comfort from a one-run loss than from a multi-run loss.  It's so great to come that close and not win! If we keep this up we can get a participation trophy. 

I cannot believe that fans are panicking after 6 games of a 162 game schedule. We haven't even played one home game yet. We will probably have a 4-2 homestand leaving our record at 6-6 by this time next week.

Weren't you the guy who was freaking out over ST games?

Irony.

Most of us had a 2-4 opening week in the predictions thread. Haven't seen any reason for panic yet, actually more encouraged about the pitching in those two little league parks.

I had 2-4 opening week with 12-13 for April. Of course I also have the Angels finishing third in the division in my pre-season prediction so the fact this is playing out isn't inspiring confidence.

I know I always take more comfort from a one-run loss than from a multi-run loss.  It's so great to come that close and not win! If we keep this up we can get a participation trophy. 

Statistically speaking, they are better.  Run differential is the best predictor of future success.  Losing by one run is the best way to lose in the regular season, at least early on.

Statistically speaking, they are better.  Run differential is the best predictor of future success.  Losing by one run is the best way to lose in the regular season, at least early on.

My Orioles fan friends vehemently disagree with me on this, lol.

56 K's in 6 games (next to last in AL)

.111 with RISP (worst in AL)

.432 OPS with RISP (worst in AL)

6 errors (next last in AL)

That pretty much sums it up.  Pitching was good enough to win for the most part, especially the bullpen.  If we even hit .250 with RISP we'd probably be 4-2.